Ok I went out tonight with some people from work, had quite a good time. By the end of the night none of us wanted to go home so we grabbed some supplies and went to the woods where we "camped". I just feel so crap now!!! When i was with the ex in the first stages of the relationship we used to stay out all night. We used to sleep in the car just so we could be together and tonight/this morning reminded me of that. I know none of you will be able to give advice on this I'm just rambling Just really miss him right now!

no advice here, but when i first started seeing my ex, we spent hours in my car as well, usually kissing, and falling asleep, holding each other. it was, strangely, some of the best moments of my life.

hi orange thanks, they were some of the best times of my life too

I hate dwelling on the memories. It's beautiful to have such fond memories of the people we love, but sometimes they hurt a lot.

Every morning I turn on my computer, or I jump in my car, I get up and put the tv on, and something always reminds me of him. It still hurts. Seeing a photo of him on the fridge, seeing a folder on my computer with his name on it, everything hurts.

They probably will for a very long time, as well; those little reminders.

Shoe, I feel ya. When I go out and have fun with friends I hate coming home. Usually it will start to hit me on the drive back and by the time I walk in the door I am upset. It sucks coming home alone. Maybe I should get a dog?

It wasn't so much the coming in, it was being out and about that time of the morning that made me miss him so much because the last time I was I ws with him.

Well I did manage to get a few hours sleep when I got home and I have now woken up and as i sit here typing this I am becoming so utterly sick of this situation now its beyond belief!!

theshoefairy,

Glad to hear you've been getting out and having some fun! In a relationship or not or just broken up recently, it's still something that is just great to go do. We ultimately need to find thing for ourselves that we enjoy and have fun doing that help to identify the kind of person we are and when you end up with someone it's obvious you can't just go do whatever you want because well get used to doing things alone, but it does mean they can join you heh.

It's tough when those things that you do on your own now are or were things that you did with your ex at the time. So while you're sitting there you may dwell on the past and think about the fact that you and your ex used to go out and do the very same thing, thus reminding you of them. It's hard to shake those memories, especially if you're trying to block them from your head and forget about them. One allows this stuff to affect them when they keep dwelling on the loss and it causes them to feel anxiety or hurt over that loss. Only you can really deal with it and allow yourself to let go.

Brian123,

I know what you mean. The last couple of times I've been out with some friends there have been girls giving me a lot of attention and showing quite a bit of interest. Just that given what I've been through with relationships, I'm mindful of the fact that I have no desire to be in casual relationships and so if I have the intent to be in a LTR that I need to figure out myself and get my life in order first. I can't expect to be much of a man until I do. That's the major reason why I don't do anything with these advances, that and I'm still getting over my ex. Although it should be noted that there's nothing I can do to get her back, I assume she doesn't want me back, but if she displayed a willingness to work on things between us then I'd be willing to give her that chance as that's all I would hope for.

Shoe, I feel ya. When I go out and have fun with friends I hate coming home. Usually it will start to hit me on the drive back and by the time I walk in the door I am upset. It sucks coming home alone. Maybe I should get a dog?

A bit random, but a dog really does help. We have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and shes so lovely to come home to. Shes always happy to see me and I know she will never let me down. You should consider it! Shoe, I know how you feel, everything I do reminds me of things I did with him. Im scared of going back out locally because we had all the same friends, everyone knows us as a couple, and if/when people ask what happened, its too awful to tell them. I dont think Im going to be good at helping people here cos Im too wrapped up in myself, but I want to try x

A bit random, but a dog really does help. We have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and shes so lovely to come home to. Shes always happy to see me and I know she will never let me down. You should consider it! Shoe, I know how you feel, everything I do reminds me of things I did with him. Im scared of going back out locally because we had all the same friends, everyone knows us as a couple, and if/when people ask what happened, its too awful to tell them. I dont think Im going to be good at helping people here cos Im too wrapped up in myself, but I want to try x

I'm sure you will be a massive help to people here I would love to get a dog but my mother wont allow it

Archived