I should be more unhappy than I am.

For the last couple of months, I have been hanging out with this girl. We were only friends, which we had a long talk about, and our friendship was moving very slow, which I have no problem with. But a few days ago I asked her if she wanted to do something (as in go to a comedian on campus) and unfortuantly she took it the wrong way and thought I was hitting on her, which I would NEVER do. This got me thinking; I think it is time to move on. Still being friends is no problem, but I won't be hoping that someday we would be more than friends. And another thing I have been thinking is that did I really like her as much as I should or was it just my lifelong singleness controlling my actions. I am thinking it is the latter because I feel I should be in a miserable mood, but I am not. I know God is definitely telling me something here, something to learn from.

Argh...girls are so confusing. Why must they overanalyze everything? But on the flipside, guys are also stupid and don't take things serious enough. And another thing I have noticed is that in reguards to all the male stereotypes, I do not do most of them. This isn't just me tooting my own horn, many of my female friends have told me this.

Hey Central,

Guys and girls are very different in how their minds work. Most guys simply take things at face value and dont really look further into it,where as alot of girls tend to analyse things just to make sure they arent missing anything.

I think its great that you are not feeling so down about this,and i think you have an excellent way of thinking about things.Take this as a lesson,whichever lesson you want to learn from it is up to you.But i think ultimately yes,you should move on from this girl.I mean maybe shes just a bit shy and maybe a bit over-cautious,but from the way you told it,it sounded like she blew you off a little quickly.

Move on friend,theres plenty more where she came from,glad your not feeling down,keep your chin up

Its obvious that she isn't attracted to you. She's just a casual friend, not a best friend. That is obvious through the fact how slow the friendship is going. You are just passing through a "crush" stage, which I know you'll get over with time. Remember dude, relationship is a two-way street, not a one-way street. So it's not worth thinking trying anymore. I believe in time you'll find someone better than her because you are meant to be with some else.

Thank you for all your advice. I think I am moving on. It hurts a little but I think I will be just fine. With finals next week, my mind has been able to worry about other things.

But there is one thing I will have to disagree with. Just because a friendship is going slow doesn't mean things won't work. I would rather wait than rush into something you are not prepared for.