There is a way to block numbers. I dont know if it is different in Au but in the US we can block any number from calling our personal phone or a mobile phone. It may cost a small fee depending on the company you go threw. You can block the number or ask the phone company to change your number because you keep on getting calls for someone else

Tis not for me but my gf ex is ringing her and being abusive. I have contacted the telphone company they say the only way to do it to contact the police which it hasnt really got to but just wondering if anyone knew of a way to screen them with a phone or knew of a phone which had such a feature?

Well get caller Id. The reason he keeps calling is because she keeps talking to him. If she tells him that she cares for him, but she needs time to herself he will have to stop calling. It is her problem she has to tell him what she wants she must want him calling her. She needs to tell him to stop calling. If she never picks up the phone he will get the idea, after a while.

The only option is caller ID and/or calling the phone company to see if you can add a second option, in addition to caller ID. This is the option that doesn't allow you to accept any "private" and/or "out of area" calls. In other words, the person has to unblock their number or .. they can't even get through to you.

If they attempt to get through while calling from a private/out of area/ blocked number, they hear a recorded message saying this person does not accept blocked calls. Please enter *82 and call again .. so the phone number shows up on your caller id screen. Otherwise, they dont get through. Plain and simple.

Otherwise, I'd change the numbers .. both of them if necessary. My ex did this with me {because he thought I might call, as I often did in the past when we brokeup the first two times. We ended up getting back together both times but this time, third and final buh bye .. obviously, he wanted it OVER for good. Strangely enough, he cheated on me. Mighty entertaining of him to change his numbers, huh?} I got the point -- loud and clear - even though I wasn't going to call - even if my life depended on it.

Anyways, if you change your numbers {don't list forwarding numbers obviously} the ex can't call. Period. He/she'll get the point .. believe me. Yes, its brutal to do this but .. sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advise problems seems to have solved itself. Was a bit concerned as he was leaving abusive messages not angry abusive just hurtful but seems to have stopped ringing and got bored before counter measures were needed. Seemed a bit rich since he was the one that broke it off I guess there are a lot of jerks in the world.

For info the telco's in Australia wont let you block numbers the only way to do it is register it with the Police??? the only thing I found was to ignore the calls you can do this by assigning a group on Nokia phones so it either doesnt ring or has a different tone and delete from mailbox etc..

Cheers

Tonk