Should i be worried about this question?

My girlfriend and i were having a little talk about stuff, and she always joked about death and she apoligized about joking about it all the time. When she did joke about it i sorta got a bit uneasy because i do care about her so much and i dont know what i would do if she did die, and this was not something i would want to think about. She asked me what i would do if she died, and i said i would probably die, after that came a question of "what would you do if we werent together"(this is the question), as in if we broke up. I said i didnt know, she asked if i we would still be friends and i said probably. Should i be worried about this question that she asked? or how should i take it because it is making me a bit uneasy.

Thanks.

~Jaxon~

Unless she is showing classic signs of depression I wouldn't worry about it.

PERSONAL QUESTIONS = TEST

I think what she is doing is testing your reaction to try to find out about you by how you respond.

Depending on how you respond or how she preceives your response will form her opinion of you and if you would make a good boyfriend.

This is not a bad thing at all in itself and I wouldn't worry about it. Girls don't usually test a men they arn't interested in so consider it a complement.

I don't know about attention ho's but at least they may feel insecure in the relationship or insecure about themselves-- maybe they don't feel adequate enough to keep their gf or bf interested.

As for the original issue.... if she's not showing depression... she may just be searching for reassurance- that you love her, that the relationship is secure. Joking is usually just a mask of a deeper issue. It loses it's power when it's not funny anymore. If she's talked about death enough to make you worry-- and the joking about death isn't funny anymore... maybe it's time to sit down and have a heart to heart- joking aside-- just a casual but serious talk about personal fears and personal ambitions in life.

My bf and I like to sit out under the stars on a warm clear night and we often talk about everything-- what we fear, what we want to do with our lives, what we wish we could've done but didn't, our short-term goals... it's a great way to get in touch with what your gf or bf is thinking and increasing intimacy and the feeling of closeness in a relationship.

Sometimes when I ponder death it's more about me fearing change... which I know will eventually happen regardless of what I do to keep things the same-- but none the less, change scares me. She might fear losing you and she needs the reassurance that you'll be around. If there isn't any signs of depression, then just take her questions about death as her need for reassurance.

Maybe she feels her life is changing and she's scared. If her life is changing wouldn't you want to know exactly how it's changing-- or what her fears are as a result?