*SIGH* I wish I wasn't so doubtful.

Leon

A few days ago in a class the teacher was asking us to get together with a partner and I usually ALWAYS partner up with the girl that I kind of like. For some reason the teacher gave off this kind of vibe that we should pair up with new people (I didn't want to of course

I started thinking that maybe she was tired of being my partner, so I kind of expected her to look for another partner or something (like the girl sitting behind her, they talk a lot), but she always chooses me. The teacher told us to face the partner we chose and she was already looking at me before I decided to pair with her... It's obvious that she likes being partners with me but I wish I wasn't so doubtful, I feel kind of bad. I'm sometimes optimistic but A LOT of the time I have been disappointed, so I usually try to view the worst outcome to avoid the pain of disappointment if that makes much sense.

I don't know, I have just never really knew anyone who LIKED doing anything with me besides me close friends, it's something I need to get use to. How can I get rid of all this doubt that was implanted in my mind?

It's normal for a shy person to experience doubt in such situations and to over-analyze things. The bottom line is that there isn't a lot of information available to you at this point. So what you need to do is feel the situation out a bit more. Try talking to her after class. If she seems to enjoy talking to you, you should go ahead and tell her that it'd be cool to get to know each other better and ask her if she'd like to go to lunch or coffee.

Unless a girl flat out tells you that she likes you, most of the time you're never going to know for sure; There's always going to be that element of doubt. A guy must either press the action or decide to forget about the girl. Sitting there and waiting for something to happen is usually just a long road to nowhere.

Good luck! I would wager that she likes you, particularly because she chooses to partner with you over the other girls that she always talks to. But if she does like you and you wait too long she'll probably give up on you.

Archived