Am I reading to far into things? lol

mcx69

Ok, so girl-friends of mine, and another buddy of mine all play cards at lunch together. I've liked both of these girls before, and I'm pretty sure they know it. They are the 'boy crazy' type girls, and are always talking about these cute college guys they see. So anyway, we all have fun and make jokes about each other and have a good time. So a few weeks before X-mas, we got onto a discussion about how one of the girls likes Will Smith. This was right at the time his new movie was coming out, and me and my guy friend were already going to see it, so I asked if she would like to go. She said yes. So a few days later I asked again just to make sure, and before I even finished the question I got an enthusiastic yes. So the day before we we're gonna go, she told me she got grounded and couldn't go. I took it as a hint that she didn't want to go, so I backed off and stopped trying to get her to go out with me. Looking back now I realize she does get in trouble a lot. She always seems really happy and interested in talking with me while we are walking and during classes and such. Even one of my teachers said she noticed a lot of flirting going on during class. So maybe I was just over-reacting to her getting grounded thing.

So fast forwarding to the past few weeks, during lunch I sit next to her and, while she is dealing the cards, she will rub her arm/hand against mine. At first I thought it was just an accident, and it didnt happen very often. Now, it seems like she does it all the time, and I've even moved my arm a few inches away and she still manages to touch me. Do you find that just a little bit 'eyebrow raising'? We still talk and mess around and poke fun at each other, so I think there is a little bit of attraction, but maybe its just her being friendly. She also seems to be more comfortable with me sitting closer to her than she used to be. Before I'd notice her kinda scoot away, now she just sits there, and we gotten to the point where our legs are almost touching and our elbows are really close, and touch alot.

Its just the stuff that I pick up on while they are talking at lunch. Both her and the other girl seem to talk about college guys alot, but neither of them have had a bf before, or atleast not that I know of. So, I'm getting mixed signals, she acts all touchy-feely and likes to flirt, but the way she talks she's all about attention and going 'goo goo' over college guys. Maybe she's trying to make me jealous, maybe she's playing hard to get, I have no idea. I also find that I'm the one always initiating conversations and flirting and whatnot. She never waits on me after classes like I do for her sometimes. But once we do start talking and flirting, she acts like she's all for it.

I'm not looking for the typical "she likes you man, go for it!" response. I want an honest opinion on what you think. I'm just so confused about this. She could be just super friendly and stuff, but the way she touches me all the time, and the comments from the teacher makes me wonder.

Ok, well, after re-reading my OP, I think what I really am interested in is why she keeps talking about all the other guys around me and my friend at lunch. Like today in a class we were working on a project and she kept going on Facebook and showing off the guys to her friends, and I was right next to her the whole time. I'm not gonna say anything to her about it obviously, but it just makes my wonder why she does it. These are guys that are 18-19 and off to college and have jobs, and she is only 17. Half the guys she talks about she doesnt even know that well. Her mom is a professor at the local college, so thats where she knows a lot of these guys from. I just don't know what she's doing. Maybe she only likes older guys, and thats why she hasnt had a bf before. Or do you think she's playing hard to get?

Archived