Which would be better?

shoegal21

I don't know what each one entails as to positives and negatives. I'd make sure that they don't somehow negatively affect you credit standing. Either way... one trap that many peole fall into is that once their credit cards are paid off, they start buying on them again. Then they're left with a loan AND stuff on their cards. I suggest getting the loan, canceling the cards (or hiding them away from temptation), and paying them off.

Generally, I agree with the lowest rate however read the fine print.

The average American philosophy is: get into debt, then try to borrow your way out of debt. It's a terrible philosophy. Everybody seems to expect something for free. Get control over your finances...it's not how much you make, it's what you do with your money. If you stop spending long enough, you might start to accumulate wealth.

Im about to file for a loan through my bank. Im just concerned as to which one might be better.

They both start at the same interest rate as I said above. Which I know I might not qualify for that low of a rate.

My CC's are at high interest rates. That is why I want to take out a loan to get rid of them.

Im about to file for a loan through my bank. Im just concerned as to which one might be better.

They both start at the same interest rate as I said above. Which I know I might not qualify for that low of a rate.

My CC's are at high interest rates. That is why I want to take out a loan to get rid of them.

Personally, I would not go further into debt. Going further into debt, to get a handle on existing debt, is not logical!! There isn't an easy fix, except to change your habits.

I hate to suggest this, as I don't use credit cards - but, about 5 years ago my girlfriend did a balance transfer at 0% to a different credit card company. At the end of the 6 mo. period at 0% it goes way up, so she transferred it again to another company. I think she went thru 3 or 4 companies in the end...meanwhile, she did change her habits, but managed to escape a lot of the interest. She's now quite successful, as she learned how to manage money. I definitely wouldn't borrow more money!! Borrowing money got you into this predicament.

Oh, if you find some companies offering the 0% transfer, never use the card. Just go ahead and cut it up. ONLY make the monthly principal payments....read the fine print.

It'll require some discipline and a change in spending behavior, but you can make it work for you.

Archived