What do I do?!

MattLCFC

Met this girl Saturday, she's my mates mate, really nice girl, we got on great so got her number, she kissed me a few times I kissed her, she told me to text her the next day, She text me same night saying she'd got home and telling me to text her again tomorrow, so I did, asked if she enjoyed her night out, e.t.c, small talk today text her again asking how she is, then asked if she fancied going for a drink sometime, or meeting up doing something e.t.c, she text me back saying - maybe but she has alot on at the moment, another time though.

Is that a her just saying no, in a polite way? Or am I just jumping to conclusions and she's being genuine?

Cheers for any help in advance.

Met this girl Saturday, she's my mates mate, really nice girl, we got on great so got her number, she kissed me a few times I kissed her, she told me to text her the next day, She text me same night saying she'd got home and telling me to text her again tomorrow, so I did, asked if she enjoyed her night out, e.t.c, small talk today text her again asking how she is, then asked if she fancied going for a drink sometime, or meeting up doing something e.t.c, she text me back saying - maybe but she has alot on at the moment, another time though.

Is that a her just saying no, in a polite way? Or am I just jumping to conclusions and she's being genuine?

Cheers for any help in advance.

sounds like Linsay Lohan on new years eve---she said no

It sounds like you texted her quite a lot afterwards. Maybe it was a bit OTT? I think she has some interest in you and that in her case, if you back off, it may bring her back to you.

Not texted her that much about 4/5 times in 2.5 days. Or is even that considered OTT?

She's not the quickest to text back (I'm not overly bothered about that, rather that, than being clingy and replying straight away) so i'm thinking maybe she's playing hard to get, equally i think i may be fooling myself.

Not texted her that much about 4/5 times in 2.5 days. Or is even that considered OTT?

She's not the quickest to text back (I'm not overly bothered about that, rather that, than being clingy and replying straight away) so i'm thinking maybe she's playing hard to get, equally i think i may be fooling myself.

i am betting the latter

Yeah, I agree. Only a few texts is hardly excessive. I assumed you'd exchanged more than that. I think she's trying to play hard to get, too. Either way though, whether she's interested or not, I think the best thing you can do now is back right off. If she's interested enough, she'll come to you - you've made your interest plain. If she doesn't, then she wasn't worth your time anyway and you'll meet someone who doesn't play games.

Yeah, I agree. Only a few texts is hardly excessive. I assumed you'd exchanged more than that. I think she's trying to play hard to get, too. Either way though, whether she's interested or not, I think the best thing you can do now is back right off. If she's interested enough, she'll come to you - you've made your interest plain. If she doesn't, then she wasn't worth your time anyway and you'll meet someone who doesn't play games.

Hopefully your right, and hopefully my thinking is right, I just think I may be fooling myself, Had a word with my mates and they said leave it a day or two text her again to show willing/intrest, maybe ask what she's doing at the weekend, maybe not.

I also spoke to my mate (Who g/f's mate it is) and asked him to get his g/f to have a word with her...I said it jokingly though, so not sure if this will happen.

Thing I don't get is she wanted to give me her number, so I took it, this was early in the night, giving the signals, making all the moves...Unless she just likes to get attention.

-She is studying at the moment, and i'm not sure how far into them but doing A-Levels I think, I've never done them myself so wouldn't know but heard on the radio about loads of people revising for exams, maybe that's what she means by busy at the moment?

I dunno, Just have to see what happens I spose.

If a girl is seriously interested in you, even if she is doing exams she would make time to text you, unless she's a super nerd ;-). thereforeeee, she is either not particularly interested or playing hard to get. If you start asking people to have a word with her and keep texting her in the face of an apparent lack of interest, it will make you look desperate and it's even less likely that she will get in touch with you. I agree, it sucks when people act in certain ways and you don't quite understand their motives, but at the end of the day, you have to protect yourself.

Archived