what i said

watupgangsta

basically i hooked up with this girl a couple months ago over thanksgiving break. one time, nothing serious. we know each other well through mutual friends and we had been flirting a lot for a couple weeks beforehand. then, something got weird (lack of communication i guess) and we ended up mutually agreeing we should be friends. well at the time i was cool with it. but she and i still talk online a good amount and i see her on breaks (we're in college) when we're both out with friends, and i realized i still wanted to hook up with her. anyway we were talking online and the conversation led to us talking about her girlfriends. i admitted that i didn't like some of them very much, and she wound up asking me if i liked her or if she annoyed me too. i was a little surprised by this because i figured that she knew i liked her to some extent or else i wouldn't be talking to her onlineo on almost a daily basis. anyway i ended up telling her i didn't know what i thought because i really didn't see her as a friend, because i was still attracted to her. did i make a mistake?

I don't think you made a mistake.

At least you balanced out the complement by saying:

i didn't know what i thought because i really didn't see her as a friend, because i was still attracted to her.

That way you didn't sound too over the top/come on too strong. All you said was you where attracted to her.

How did she react? What did she say?

And who knows, if next time you both meet in person, see how she acts around you. Does she avoid or talk more to you? Is she looking at you more, etc? Maybe she is also attracted to you.

she said shes fine with me being attracted to her, that its not like we're never gonna hook up again, and who knows what could happen. i told her i didn't like that because i don't want to be friends with someone who feels like she has some kind of power over me, and that i wasn't going to let that happen. she said shes not like that. i ended up telling her that if she wanted to do pursue anything with me, she'd have to tell me cuz i wasn't going to mention it again. then i told her i was going out, and ended the conversation.

oh i forgot to mention, when i told her i was still attracted to her, she said she was shocked/confused because she thought and heard that i wasn't interested. as for putting the pressure on her, i understand that it may not have been smart, but my mindset is that since we have already hooked up and we already talk a good amount, she should be able to tell me if she is attracted to me or that she is interested too before i say lets go out. if she doesn't even want to tell me that, then im fine with not pursuing anything with her. however, i know im still going to see her around. thats why its easy to say lets be friends, but i honestly don't want to be.

lol i guess it was unsubmissive. i just figured its better for me to tell her what i was thinking than to keep it in my head. im letting her do what she wants with it. i don't really want to play a game of cat and mouse with her. i ended up calling her today to invite her to play poker with some friends... she didn't answer, she texted me back saying she was at was at work. i responded by just telling her why i called, and she texted me back saying i should let her know when i was playing again, and that was that.

Archived