Slowly losing the joy in life...

Just need some advice or some inspiration for the situation ive been in. i dated a girl for 2 years, my first love. she cheated we parted ways. fast forward to a year and a half later, she is has been dating someone for over a year now, yet we still hook up every once in a while. my stupid decisions have left me with little confidence and self esteem. the situation is on my mind a lot to the point where i am having trouble sleeping and getting headaches. i have cut her out of my life for good and need to pick up the pieces, i just have an intense anger toward her which i do not like having. i feel it is unfair she can go still be with this guy after cheating on him, he has no idea. i know life is unfair but it still does bug me. just need some advice on how to get this out of my head and get my life back on track. i feel like i have turned into someone who is filled with anger and depressed which i do not like. has anyone felt this low and came out of it. thanks for your help.

Just respect yourself in knowing you would never do this to your future partner. I don't know how she can look in the mirror at the end of the day.

You probably feel this insane depression and anger because you feel like she has brought you to her level. You can move on from her, the first step is the hardest, but it will be like a breath of fresh air in every aspect of your life.

Dump her, win back your confidence, better yet YOUR LIFE.

Time heals all. Yes you feel depressed now, and Im sure somedays you feel ok. Know that "this too shall pass" and force yourself to be with new people. Make a goal that on friday you will call a different friend and go do something. I learned in my psych class that the first major breakup in ones life is usually followed by the first depression. So go out, exercise, do more. You never know whats going to happen when you go out and show your face to the world.

thanks for your replies,

the good news is that i do know what its going to take to get out of this funk, the bad news is its going to take sometime, but I am hoping this all will help me when I do meet the "one". Its no longer her that effects me ts just more of the loneliness, I am going to make the effort to get out more and stay positive.

All you have to do dude is keep busy and everything will get better with time. I don't think she is worth your time dude cheating on you she is obviously just messing with your emotions just move on dude I know its hard but I am gonna use probably the most overused saying on this forum there are plenty of more fish in the sea.

Archived