I am still working on healing after the end of my 5-1/2 year relationship I have come a long way. In an effort to get back out there here is what I am doing:

I decided to go on "50 first dates" They would be easy things like coffee or lunch or a walk in the park. Then I would not have any expectations whatsoever. No thoughts of the future. No thoughts of the past. No relationship questions. No thoughts of me trying to imagine her and I together. It would simply be me meeting a person for a short time just to get to know them a little. Just to get a sense of their personality and how they look and carry themselves.

This takes all the pressure off. Its just a short meeting. If there is a spark you will know.

I will let you know how it works.....

Take care

I decided to go on "50 first dates" They would be easy things like coffee or lunch or a walk in the park. Then I would not have any expectations whatsoever.

You ought to try "speed dating". It's pretty much what you are describing, only a heck of a lot faster. And cheaper.

I'd love to know how you plan on doing this...I can't even get one first date.

Why not? Have you tried asking girls out that you know...?

Have you tried online dating? Saying hi to women you run into in the supermarket, or in the post office, or the bank, etc?

They aren't going to come to you...unless you are exceptionally good looking, or a movie star, or you have a lot of money, and then its for the wrong reasons.

I'd love to know how you plan on doing this...I can't even get one first date.

Online dating. There are so many people out there looking for love. I met with someone last Sunday. I am meeting a lady for coffee tomorrow at 10am and I am emailing someone I met on eHarmony. It's like the lottery.....you gotta play to win.

Archived