How to be positive?

Celadon

Calling all positive people out there ... !

I'm looking for your advice on how to stay positive and joyful, in spite of the problems life throws you. For me, it's been a rough couple of years -- heartbreak, stress. As a result, I realize I've ended up in a place where I'm letting people's bad behavior dictate how I feel. It really sucks! Life goes along, then suddenly I'm thrown for a loop. Sometimes I feel like I have no power to ignore the hurt or neglect I feel, and it really affects me.

But now, I'm determined to take back my life. Instead of letting the bad parts of "reality" weigh me down, I want to focus on what's valuable in life ... what makes life worth living. I think I deserve it.

I would love to hear anyone's words of wisdom on what you find helpful, how you stay "disciplined" (if that's what it is) to choose the happy side of life, what makes you glad to wake up in the morning, what gives you satisfaction with life.

Thanks, K8tie.

I was in the same boat not too long ago. I grabbed my bible trying to find something that would help, and ended up reading Eccleasties.... Not the best book to read at that point in my life, but I saw something there that has really helped me a lot. Right in the middle of "Meaningless! Meaningless! Utterly Meaningless! Everything is meaningless!" There is one thing that Solomon never says is meaningless... that's friendship. The friendships you have in life are the only things you will ever gain from. No amount of work, or knowledge or self-improvement will ever do you any good, but a true friend will always be there to help you. Everything else in life truly is meaningless.

hello, I know how you feel, but some people are just born with this

positive attitude towards everything and some people can handle

life and the things thrown at them alot better than others. You just

have to realize that life is mostly full of sorrow,regrets,& disappointments, but it's thoose small specks in time like falling for someone or laughing with your friends that make life a little easier to deal with. It always seems to never last long enough though, but just enough not to go off the deep end. You just have to look at it as most of life is going to be crappy, but you can always focus on the small stuff that make life a little easier to deal with, cause that's kind of all we have. I hope my words help you get through thoose bad times.Also try not to let others peoples bad energy

ruin your day by jusy realizing they are probably going through stuff

just as bad as your stuff, If anything feel bad for them instead of letting them get to you.

good luck, and I hope this helps you

This is my ex-boyfriend's favorite song, and it does make sense to me.

Love - Devotion

Feeling - Emotion

Don't be afraid to be weak

Don't be too proud to be strong

Just look into your heart my friend

That will be the return to yourself

The return to innocence.

If you want, then start to laugh

If you must, then start to cry

Be yourself don't hide

Just believe in destiny.

Don't care what people say

Just follow your own way

Don't give up and use the chance

To return to innocence.

That's not the beginning of the end

That's the return to yourself

The return to innocence.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to answer, you guys! You're so cool....

You said some different things, but each one is helpful. Nifty, I'm a bible reader too. It's a great insight you got from Ecclesiastes (don't think I've read that part) -- about friends. Yeah, I see that all the self-improvement plans don't mean squat without friendships.

Giggirl, I can tell you know what I mean. Thanks for the encouragement -- I'll try to be more understanding of people, and not get annoyed as if they're *doing something* to me. You're totally right about that.

Nameless Face, those are great lyrics. They say so much, and yeah, I definitely yearn for a return to innocence. I do believe it's possible. I didn't realize it, but a lack of innocence has been weighing me down.

Thanks again for being so great y'all. Smiling again, K8tie.