in love with my best friend!!

i have been friends with this guy since over 10 yrs. i am 26 now. we have seen each other thru many tough times and horrible relationships. we r totally overselves with each other and is the best friendhsip anyone can have. 2 yrs back my friend started have these feelign for me, they got stronger over tiem and we discussed abt it, but i cudnt think of him in a similar way. finally becoz i cudnt give him false hopes i did my best to talk him out of it. and over a year after zero signs from me he got over it. but now i am into the same mess. its so ironical, i didnt see when he got over me and he did c when i started fallign for it. it was the outcom of our talks. but now i am findign it more difficult as my feeling are more stronger than his ever were, so so it seems to me. we are scared to loosign our friendship and all this does put a strain on us. please mail at email removed with suggestions.

Give him little signs that you're interested in more than friendship. Or you could sit him down for a serious talk. Before you do this, you need to strongly consider this: if you two do start going out and things get bad, would you be willing to let your friendship go? However, you also need to watch him. Maybe he isn't so totally over you as you think.

• 5 years later...

i have the same problem but im married and she his maried i love her and i dont want to lose her i told her last week that i had feeling for her she told me that she loved me to but as a friend we talk everyday its very hard your not alone but go for it dont let it slip away