Me versus... Me

ilovethatgirl

Please help me, good people. I am in a desperate battle... with myself. Ever since "the girl" told me she didn't like me that way, I've been telling myslef that it's fine, that I'm okay... but I'm not. I keep finding myself erupting into sudden grief or rage without provocation of any kind... I'll just be watching TV or reading a book and suddenly I'll want to either cry or kick something. Then I pull myself out of it, but it always comes back.

Please, I'm afraid I may snap under the pressure of my warring emotions. I'm scared I may do something I'll regret, maybe even try and hurt people.

What in God's name can I do?

Please help me, good people. I am in a desperate battle... with myself. Ever since "the girl" told me she didn't like me that way, I've been telling myslef that it's fine, that I'm okay... but I'm not. I keep finding myself erupting into sudden grief or rage without provocation of any kind... I'll just be watching TV or reading a book and suddenly I'll want to either cry or kick something. Then I pull myself out of it, but it always comes back.

Please, I'm afraid I may snap under the pressure of my warring emotions. I'm scared I may do something I'll regret, maybe even try and hurt people.

What in God's name can I do?

You need to find some constructive way of both channelling and venting your frustrations. The rage and the grief are two sides of the same coin. You are frustrated by your unrequited feelings, and it is eating away at you. I lived that pain for a long time myself, and reacted to it in all the wrong ways. Trust me you don't want to go there, because negative behaviours learned in your teens can live with you for a long time.

I would suggest joining a gymnasium, or some sort of physical activity such as martial arts, or some kind of contact sport. Something that will allow you to pour out your aggression constructively while also learning discipline and control.

Archived