Best cure for a breakup you ask?

Tony in Phoenix

In my humble opinion..............JOIN A GYM! Dead serious.

Lucky for me, I've been very serious into weight lifting and bodybuilding for 10 years now and let me tell you, I don't think about anything except the workout and the music on my Ipod while I'm in there. It's wonderful and I walk out of there each and every time full of confidence because I know I'm looking better every single day.

Please don't put your break-up tunes on your ipod Put music on there that will make you feel good, get your blood pumping. You're never too old or young to get yourself in shape.

Plus, knowing you are getting in incredible shape for your next relationship will do your mind and spirit wonders. I know it's not that easy for some people, but it's a cheap alternative/diversion from the pain you may be going through. Heck, you just might even meet that special person in the gym too!

Give it a try folks. Best of luck.

Hey Tony. Its so true. The gym for the most part helps to alleviate a lot of stress and release "happy" endorphines. Youll probably still feel a little crappy about your situation. But a lot better about it at that.

Tony,

If your the guy in your avatar or look anything remotely close to him. I have some questions for you if you don't mind...

Hey Tony. Its so true. The gym for the most part helps to alleviate a lot of stress and release "happy" endorphines. Youll probably still feel a little crappy about your situation. But a lot better about it at that.

Tony,

If your the guy in your avatar or look anything remotely close to him. I have some questions for you if you don't mind...

Well, the guy in the avatar is one of my best friends and I do look similar in stature, just not as big and cut as he is. But I do know a lot about weight training and nutrition. I would be glad to help you out.

And you know what's best to do at the gym -- pole dancing lessons! I'm dead serious. I took up pole dancing after my last relationship, and not only did it encourage me to get out of the house, it inspired me to get fitter, stronger and more flexible. On top of that it made me feel sexier about myself. Projecting sexy vibes and all that = attracting new love into your life.

I definitely agree with this. I've been going to the gym regularly and it really makes me feel a lot better.

I also think that this is part of something larger: Being in control of your own happiness. I think this is sometimes that we forget to do or loose touch with. Sort of a reassessment of priorities.

Question...for those of us who have never been to a gym (*looking sheepish*), how do you go about STARTING? I have NO clue how to use those machines and the one time I tried to get on a treadmill I almost fell off, lol.

Would getting a personal trainer be a good idea?

More times than not, once you walk into a gym that you are thinking about joining, they should give you a tour. During that tour, ask one of the associates if they have any "in-house" trainers than can teach you how to use the machines. They will help you out. Once you get a feel for the machines and how your body responds to what you are doing, you won't need a trainer because you will know what works for you and what doesn't work. People who use trainers are typically people who are not very motivated to work out.

Archived