Eye Contact

ilovethatgirl

I know eye contact is a very important part of having a conversation with any girl, especially one you are hoping to get... you know, involved with... but it's so hard. I mean I can keep eye contact all the time, no matter who I'm talking to, but this girl... I don't know how to describe it without lapsing into my "creative writing speech" as I call it, so please excuse this sappy description...

Whenever she looks at me, I feel as though the twin fields of stormy blue-gray have looked into my very soul and pierced my heart.

Are there any tips on how I can help keep eye contact with her?

(and don't get me wrong, I don't creepy-love her, I just don't know how to describe it without going over the top with flowery descriptions)

Inability to maintain eye contact is a sign of insecurity (I was like you all through high school). It wasn't until college that I started to gain some self-esteem and confidence.

I'm guessing you're probably thinking - as you start to look at her - that she can see into you and can see your fears, read your mind, know that you like her, etc. What you have to do is focus on HER, what she's saying (listen to her) and not on YOU and what's going on in your mind. It's a matter of quieting your mind and all those insecure thoughts. Breathe long and deep and focus on HER. It will calm your thoughts and fears.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, be confident and secure about yourself.

Its hard, but fight the impulse to look away...look at the lovely details of her eyes and get lost in them. If she says something that implies the situation is a bit awkward to her, comment on her eyes with your "creative writing speech"

Trust me, chicks dig this kinda stuff

I was on the subway today and I caught eyes with a girl today. I smiled and she smiled back. It was awesome. If i wasn't dead tired and miserable as hell and looked like I just got shot out of a cannon, I might have tried to make something of it...

i take the simple approach to dating. just look in her eyes and smile. People, not just the opposite sex, are inclined to react much more favorably. And if she smiles back... it's just like hook line and sinker. It's the easier and most fun way to date. Unfortunately, women by me never smile so it throws off my game.

Archived