Have any of you been "flirty" friends before dating?

Raincheck

In the midst of always trying to improve my dating skills I started thinking..."what is one thing I might be going about wrong?"...then it hit me. My dating experiences THAT HAVE BEEN SUCESSFUL have stemmed from the fact that I treated a girl like a flirty friend. I would flirt with them, tease them...basically bust on them and keep the flirting HIGH. Yet I would never insinuate going on a date (although the meeting might have started off as a romantic interest) I would just have fun flirting, and hanging out with her...but we both knew there was always an underlying "romantic" tension between us...which would surface a few months later when we started dating...I guess this works because it keeps the excitement and mystery high?

Anyone know what I am talking about or have had similiar experiences/beliefs?

I have to admit, that I love when my interest is very flirty. It is basically an attention thing. He is putting forth the effort and taking time out of his day just to flirt with me. However I am very flirty too.

Flirting is always fun, but if you like someone and never ACT on your flirting it gets VERY confusing. After a while of flirting, and he STILL hasn't made a move on me, I simply give up and see him as "just a flirty friend". I don't mind initiating something, but to be honest, it really shouldn't be put on the girl to initiate an attraction.

It's cool to flirt.... just read the signs. Don't wait to long because you can lose a girl like that.

-patience

I have to admit, that I love when my interest is very flirty. It is basically an attention thing. He is putting forth the effort and taking time out of his day just to flirt with me. However I am very flirty too.

Flirting is always fun, but if you like someone and never ACT on your flirting it gets VERY confusing. After a while of flirting, and he STILL hasn't made a move on me, I simply give up and see him as "just a flirty friend". I don't mind initiating something, but to be honest, it really shouldn't be put on the girl to initiate an attraction.

It's cool to flirt.... just read the signs. Don't wait to long because you can lose a girl like that.

-patience

Yeah, I dont mean like wait a year and just keep flirting....I mean not jumping the gun, asking for a number, asking for a date etc...basically takes things slow and have it start out as a flirty friendship/romantic interest and gradually build up...instead of starting the dating game from the start.

And you love flirting just because of the attention? Any other reason? Its fun...I mean, if its just for the attention than that means you just look at the guy like any other guy that gives you attention...thats not waht Iget accross at all.

Ohh okay. Well then yeah I totally agree. Starting out as a flirty friendship is probably the BEST thing. Don't jump the guns of course, because that really won't get anyone anywhere. I thought you meant you just ALWAYS flirt and never ask for a date or anything!

Haha I guess I read that wrong.

No but how I see it is, if someone is willing to give you their attention, that means you obviously have their interest, and if they are interested, that is a good sign. Not every kind of attention is a good attention, I agree, but when you are flirty friends and he takes the time to give you HIS time, it's a good sign.

I don't want to have interest in a guy that NEVER shows me any of his attention, because then that means he thinks he has a higher value than me. Like I'm not good enough for his time and his effort. That's only my personal opinion though. I don't like a guy that gives me ALL of his attention, but showing some attention never hurt anyone. No one likes a push-over but then again who likes a brick wall either?

haha does that even make sense?

-patience

Archived