mind games played by the one who dumped you

My ex boyfriend and i had just broke up 2 months ago. we were dating for 10 years and out of no where he said that he was not sure if he was ready for a realtionship. to make a long story short, we continued to talk and commenets that were made from his end all the time were that he was not ready for a committment, but he cannot fathum another guy touching me. he told me yesterday that he is interessted in another girl after i said something that he didn't like(it was a comment stating that i am realizing that there are people out there that could actually treat me right). he made it a point though to make it clear that he does not want a relationship with her and that they are just friends He says he wants to start working things out slowly with us but this is the second time he has told me this in two weeks bit has made no effort yet. i have no idea what to do please help me!!!!

Hi Confusia,

Mind games are terrible - especially soon after breakups.

You firstly need to make a decision. Do you want to get back together or not? If not, then you need to get away from this guy for a while, as he will probably cling to you should he feel you pushing in a different direction to the one he wants you to go.

If you do want him, then you have to give him some choices - either now, or then we split and talk in 6 months sort of choices.

Eitherway, you need to act, as you are surely at a standstill at the moment in the place your relationship is.

Hope this helps you some,

You guys were in a relationship for 10 years and your ex wasn't sure he was ready for a relationship??? I definitely think you should move on and you will eventually find someone who would want to be with you.

If he truly wants to be in a committed relationship with you then he should at least prove himself that he's capable of it, don't you think?

Good luck

hey there confusia,

I know all to well of what you're going through cause it's happening to me as well. I know it doesnt mean much coming from a person who cant follow their own advice, but maybe its time to move on. Dont be like me, move on! You deserve much better than that. You can talk to me anytime you want...maybe we can help each other get though this... AIM: blonddrummer03