So I've got a date on Wednesday...

bcracer1428

...and need some last minute "pumping up"/advice. I'm pretty confident in myself on dates, but any outside help is always good. She seems like she could be a keeper, so to say, so I don't want to make an idiot of myself. We've done the "routine" questions, (ie hobbies, fave color, etc.), and am looking for some more original questions to keep the conversation flowing. Any advice? Thanks!

...and need some last minute "pumping up"/advice. I'm pretty confident in myself on dates, but any outside help is always good. She seems like she could be a keeper, so to say, so I don't want to make an idiot of myself. We've done the "routine" questions, (ie hobbies, fave color, etc.), and am looking for some more original questions to keep the conversation flowing. Any advice? Thanks!

How old are you? I was trying to prep myself up for a date... and thought talking about travel (where she's been, where she wants to go, where I've been, where I want to go) could be a pretty easy conversation to get going that could last quite a while and lead to other stuff pretty easily. But I've never actually been on a date... so. Still sounds to me like a good subject.

i wouldn't tell her you are so interested. you don't want to seem too eager. you are already spending alone time with her. that should tell her that you are interested already.

just talk about normal things you would with a friend. i just say whatever is on my mind. never did me any wrong. that way she knows what kind of person you are and how you interact. if a girl didn't like that, you shouldn't be with her anyway.

Girls like talking about themselves. Ask questions and listen.

For a date, I like to make an adventure out of it. I'm not saying you have to go bungy jumping, but try to make it interesting. Even doing something as simple as changing venues a few times during the night will make it seem more of an experience.

Dinner > desert shop > cocktail lounge > dance club

Just an idea above, but you see what I mean about changing venues. It can make you stand out.

Have some funny stories to tell. And don't be nervous. It's just a girl. And if it's really a connection, it won't be hard to come up with things to talk about.

Good luck

hmm well if you have covered the more basic questions before are you looking for more basic questions? If so then ask about her plans for later this year. Ask her opinion on a few things it could be anything. I know i like it when a guy asks my opinion. If you want more deeper questions ask things like: What was your childhood like at your home on holidays? something unique like that would make for an interesting conversation but don't try questions that are too deep too fast. Wouldn't want to scare the girl.

How old are you?
\28..just been a while since I've been on a date. Been enjoying the single life.

i wouldn't tell her you are so interested. you don't want to seem too eager. you are already spending alone time with her. that should tell her that you are interested already.

That was my game plan, but thanks for the reminder!

Good advice... Remember to ask about HER interests... And be truly interested in what she has to say! It's key! always interested. Thanks!

Dinner > desert shop > cocktail lounge > dance club

Just an idea above, but you see what I mean about changing venues. It can make you stand out.

Have some funny stories to tell. And don't be nervous. It's just a girl. And if it's really a connection, it won't be hard to come up with things to talk about.

Good luck

Good idea...this is what I had planned...Dinner, going to a bar where they have a bunch of games..i.e. pool, air hockey, etc. (too friendly?), then be a little spontaneous from there.

If so then ask about her plans for later this year. Ask her opinion on a few things it could be anything. I know i like it when a guy asks my opinion. If you want more deeper questions ask things like: What was your childhood like at your home on holidays? something unique like that would make for an interesting conversation but don't try questions that are too deep too fast. Wouldn't want to scare the girl. good questions...don't dive too deep..gotcha! Thats what I'm kind of looking for...unique questions that aren't "just another date" questions.

Thanks everyone! It's all helpful! I'll report back tonight! Or maybe...in the morning? lol

I think that was the best date I have ever been on. We started out meeting for dinner. Everything went very well. The conversation just kept flowing and flowing. No awkward silences and no awkward moments. Well, there were a couple silences when we would just look at each other with a big grin on both our faces. I was going to take her to a bar that had a whole bunch of table games, (thought it'd be fun), and we started to leave, then she says, "Can we just go back to your house?"

Um...yes we can. lol. The conversations just kept flowing and flowing from there. Just really kept getting to know her better and better, and there is a high interest in her, I'll say that much. And yes, I did show interest, but I tried to keep it at a minumum, but letting her know there was. Ended up having a nice, um....1st base session. End of the date, I walk her to her car, do the goodbye thing, and ask her out again "sometime", and she said she would really like that. So, all in all, we had a really good time, and glad to have a second date planned with her.

Thanks everyone for their advice. It came in helpful!

Archived