Cute guy...but he's not my boyfriend...what to do?

mskc0511

I have been going out with my boyfriend for about 2 1/2 years but now we have come to the point to which we are forcing ourselves to work out our relationship because we always get in fights or some type of problem. I met a really nice guy about a week ago that I think is really cute. I wouldn't date him but I really like his style and personality. I would honestly just like to be his friend. But for some reason...I think that if we became friends that it could possibly lead to more. Since he knows that I have a boyfriend he doesnt seem like he wants to talk to me. Thats ok.. but at the same time I feel guilty when I talk to him or even think about him. Should I push he and I being friends because I would really like that ....or should I just leave it alone. A woman in need. Thanks

if your relationship has come to the point where you feel you are forcing yourself to be work out things with him, then maybe its time you should break up. however, its good that you are getting over your problems with him. only relationships aren't supposed to be forced. if you feel like your relationship is stressing you out & you don't want to be with him as much as you used to, then maybe its time for it to end. then maybe this other guy & you can be friends, only i don't see why he doesn't want to talk to you now. it could be that he doesn't want to come between your bf & you, but that doesn't mean he can't talk to you.

i beg to differ. 2 and half years is about the right time you got over the honeymoon and start to see that a relationship is really about 2 different persons trying to live together.

if you give up now, the next person will come along, you'd have your wine and roses days, then back to square one again (see above)

unless it's a major issue - too many heartaches, drugs, finances, fear of commitment, unfaithfulness, or abuse, or religion - you should talk things out.

cos a relationship has to give and take. if it's one-sided, then the giver has to be willing to give for the rest of his/her life to see the commitment through, and even then, the taker might just take off.

your relationship will work out, as long as both of you are still in love with each other, and willing to accept the other person AS WAS BEFORE, AS IS, AND WILL BECOME. and not change or hope to change the other