Stealing Others Work

-amanda

I understand why it might upset you, but in fact it's a HUGE compliment that your poetry puts their feelings into far better words than they could come up with themselves.

Technically, it's a copyright infringement to republish someone else's work without permission or acknowledgement ... but hey ... this is MySpace.

Zack.

I found that when i post my poetry online (mostly over Myspace) that in the end people have been copy&pasting my work and showing it up as their own!

If I were you, I'd call them out on it. Send them a message and let them know that you're the author of the poem and that they can either a.) credit you for it , or B). Have to take it off their page

I bet they would be quite surprised and they would listen.

Aren't people some-what worried about posting their work over the internet. I found that when i post my poetry online (mostly over Myspace) that in the end people have been copy&pasting my work and showing it up as their own!

I am a photographer now, not a photoshop queen, but an actual photographer and what I have learned to do with ANY of my work I put on the internet is to image something in the background of it, like your name or something of that nature. Then when they copy and paste it, it shows up.