After not talking to my ex for a month because i told her i couldn't be friends with her anymore she IM'ed me today which at first i liked because it showed me she still thinks about me and wants to know how i've been and i still really care about her but the pointless small talk just pisses me off. She knows im still hurt and that i hate her new boyfriend even though shes nice enough to never bring him up it just kinda brought back my feelings of wanting to be with her again. Why do girls do this?

Hi Donny !

Needherback is right. She would love to have you both on a string each where she could pick. Even more importantly, she would probably like that each of you know what she is doing to the other - her way of keeping you both on your toes. My advice, don't entertain this game that she plays. She hopes that this gets you down, and you should make sure that it stops there, and that you don't get effected. Ignore her contact attempts. You will be better off doing so.

Hope this helps you some,

I would agree with Charmed for the most part. Dont completely ignore her contact attempts, just wait until you think you can talk to her and be okay with it. Its been two months for me and I still dont talk to my ex much at all, I purposefully try to stay away. Don't play her games no matter what though. Games are a sign of immaturity and inexperience, be the better person and be nice to her, but let her know you are moving on and need space until you can get completely over her.

Hey! She us totally just tryin to make you mad, and make you miss what you had. You should just come right out and tell her, look I dont want to hear about you and your new bf, ok, thats what you have girl friends for!!! Im sure she may be a little hurt from you telling her that, but then she will get the point!! Just ask her if she wanted to hear about the girl you fooled around with lastnight (even if you didnt). I dunno, I hope this will help you out man!! Take care.

She knows how i feel about her, and i don't want to ever be friends with her. I know i could never be friends with her she's a great girl but a terrible friend. thats why she doesn't have any really good friends mainly just aquientences, i've noticed most gilrs that i know are the same way. She told me that i was her bestfriend still after we broke up and i was gonna be okay with being her best friend but like i said before she was not a good friend. But i know we could never truly be friends because her new boyfriend would get pissed. He didnt know that we still hung out after they started going out but he's a dousch. It was just hard being some what of a friend especially when i couldnt call between certain hours because i didn't want to call when they were together. But back to the point she knows i won't ever be friends with her she means way to much to me.