How to go about contacting my ex-girlfriend?

How should I go about contacting my ex-girlfriend? We broke things off in bad terms, due to misunderstandings and we haven't talked with each other for about a month now. I have however sent a message to her, but it was full with desperation, begging for forgiveness and for her to take me back, etc. I wish I wouldn't have sent that message, but I did. I want to be friends with her, but she blocked me on MySpace and on AIM and she would probably would think I only want to talk to her because I want to be with her. She already has a boyfriend and I accepted the fact that there's not much chance for us to be together again.

What should I do? Create another AIM screen name and just message her like nothing happened? How should I go about it?

Being blocked from anything is a pretty clear message. You can't really take that any other way then exactly how it sounds. Just let it go. At some point, quite possibly, she'll decided to contact you. However, it's quite possible that once that happens you won't care nearly as much. It's funny how good ex's are at contacting us once they feel like we no longer care.

NC can mean alot of things, doesnt necessarily mean they dont want to hear from you. Silence can be interpreted in so many ways..thats one thing.

BUT its another thing to be blocked on myspace and on aim. I agree with everyone that posted a reply--dont contact her.

a block is a block.

BUT its another thing to be blocked on myspace and on aim. I agree with everyone that posted a reply--dont contact her. a block is a block.

Yeah, I'm just hoping one day she will unblock me and will talk to me. I was like that with my first girlfriend, I blocked her and then unblocked her six months later (I unblocked everyone who I ever blocked) and since then we actually talk now and then, casually. It's all good. That's what I'm hoping for right now at this point.

Hey G U N.

Yes - what the others say, I am afraid. She has made things very clear with her actions - she has blocked you.

Walk away with some dignity and pride intact. Assume for the worst - that she isn't coming coming back any time soon. Keep yourself busy and get your head back on straight.

Sounds like you are taking this all quite well - keep on keeping on!

Mark

I had been with my ex girlfriend for almost 2 years, then we broke on bad terms and she did the whole block me on myspace, MSN, etc.

But, after a whole year (long time huh?) she decided to unblock me on everything, and want to try things out for a second time. Unfortunately, it had been too long and things just were not the same.

Goodluck, I'm sure she'll unblock you eventually, it was just a matter of time in my case.

One possible reason why she blocked you.... you said she already have a boyfriend after only a few weeks? whatever.... but it is possible that she doesn't want her new boy to be jealoused about you so she doesn't want you to disturb them in any way...

Just leave it that way... when she wants to contact you..she will.. in the meantime live your life without her... she have a new life now she have a new boy.... have your own life as well...

Sorry for the bump, but I couldn't find my thread until now.

Yes - what the others say, I am afraid. She has made things very clear with her actions - she has blocked you.

Walk away with some dignity and pride intact. Assume for the worst - that she isn't coming coming back any time soon. Keep yourself busy and get your head back on straight.

Sounds like you are taking this all quite well - keep on keeping on!

Mark

Haha, I pretty much lost my dignity when I kept begging for forgiveness, but oh well. It's kind of hard not to think about the situation, as I'm bored all day and would love to talk with someone, but I'm trying. Yesterday I almost were at the point of IMing her, but then I re-read this thread and didn't. Thanks.

I had been with my ex girlfriend for almost 2 years, then we broke on bad terms and she did the whole block me on myspace, MSN, etc.

But, after a whole year (long time huh?) she decided to unblock me on everything, and want to try things out for a second time. Unfortunately, it had been too long and things just were not the same.

Goodluck, I'm sure she'll unblock you eventually, it was just a matter of time in my case.

Yeah, hopefully she will unblock me eventually. Thanks.

Hey G-

well, you guys ended on bad terms and she likely has that taste in her mouth still. She is clearly telling you she wants distance from you. While she has a boyfriend, it is quite possible he is a rebound and she is still wrapped up in the situation of your break up.

I have seen situations like this before, and been on both sides of them. I am very sure if you force the issue here, force yourself into her life, you won't like the result.

You have to accept the reality of life, love, and break ups here. You can't have what you want here. You want friendship, but she doesn't. There is nothing you can do but accept this. Maybe send her a short casual email, AIM, etc. in 3 months or so, tell her you hope she is well, wished things would have ended better between you guys, and simply pass along your well-wishes. That's all you can feasibly do: accept and wait.

In the mean time, there is no need to stay wrapped up in this. Let go of this and focus on other more productive things. Let go of your hope to have her in your life. You just can't have what you want when you want it right now. Move on.

I agree, stop contacting her and respect her space. Maybe you can send to her a very short email saying that you would like to be friends... if you are sure that that's what you want... and move on with your life

I know what you're saying and it does seem like the best way to go about it. I'm probably just going to wait a few months until I send her a casual message of "What's up, how are you, how things been going", but it will be really hard for me to wait just for that. What sucks is that I got blocked because I sent a desperate last message about getting back together and not because of how our relationship was. We ended that in good terms and we were going to chat, like I said in my original post. I just snapped at something and instead of just saying sorry, I said sorry and kept begging for another chance.

In my head now, she blocked me because she didn't wanted to hear me talk about getting back together and me having that hope that we will. So instead of having to hear all that and having awkward conversations, she just blocked me so I could understand that she wants nothing with me. I'm "fine" with that, but she doesn't know that...

But yeah, I will just try to wait a few months. Thanks.

I once had a guy tell me "Don't contact me anymore" and block me. A year later, he suddenly popped back up and tried to make amends.

Sure enough - by that point, I had moved on and didn't even feel at all excited or relieved about his return. It was just like hearing from some random old friend again.

They ALWAYS wait until you stop caring to come back. Somehow, they know.

It's so easy to block someone, but it's not easy to just totally forget all the good memories you have about the person. Eventually she'll probably feel guilty about leaving things like that with you and come back.

Archived