Story I just made...

sarey

She awakens from the nightmare. 'Holy crap', she thinks, 'that must be the worst nightmare I've had since ... forever'. She wipes of the sweat from her forehead, breathing heavily, she counts to ten. She looks at the time. 'Damn, I'm late', she quickly arises from her bed and rushes her clothes on. She brushes her long, brunette, silky, shiny hair and brushes her teeth. 'What the hell am I going to do about this?', she whispers to herself, looking down on her forearm where a deep cut lies. She quickly runs to her first-aid kit and bandages her arm. 'Oh, fiddlesticks, I have P.E today...', she thinks to herself. She runs upstairs and shoves her long t-shirt into her P.E kit bag. Then she grabs an apple and quickly runs to school.

Running into her class, her teacher, Mrs Thorn spins around and raises her voice, telling her 'You're late, again. If you are late one more time this week, you'll have detention, do you understand Lucy?'. Lucy looks down on the floor and replies with a low voice 'Yes Mrs Thorn, I apologize for being late, it won't happen again', Mrs Thorn slightly lowers her voice, 'Good, you may take your seat now Lucy'. Lucy slowly walks towards the back of the room, pulls her chair out and places herself on it. Lucy sighs. Suddenley, a piece of paper is thrown at her. 'Been slicing again have you?', it says. Lucy feels tears swelling up her eyes. She tears it up and throws it in the bin. 'Stupid idiots', she thinks. The bell alarms, and class is over. Lucy is the last to go. Her friend, John, waits for her. 'Lucy, what's up?', John asks with a concern. 'Nothing, I suppose', Lucy replies. 'Are you sure?', he again asks. Lucy gets a bit frustrated now, 'YES, I AM SURE, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, NOW STOP ASKING!'. John backs away a bit, though still keeping within her reach. 'Okay, I was just asking. Do you want one of my grapes?', he asks with a smile. 'No thank you, I've had a big breakfast today', she replies, though inside she hates lying. 'Oh, a fry up?', he asks with a sad face, as if he is a dog. 'Yeah, mushrooms, bacon, egg, beans, sausages and toast', she replies with a sly smile. 'So unfair!', John laughs. The bell buzzes. 'What's next?', Lucy asks John. 'P.E', he tells Lucy.

Skipping along to P.E with John, she remembers her episode from last night and the smile slowly disappears and is replaced with a frown. 'What's wrong?', John asks. 'Oh... nothing', Lucy says, forcing a smile. They separate as they change. Lucy takes her arm out of her jumper, slowly, carefully, so she doesn't suddenley slide it over her bandage. Lucy sighs deeply, looking at her arm. 'What am I going to do...?', she asks herself followed by another long, deep sigh. She closes her eyes as she removes her clothing, apart from her bra and knickers. 'Can't look, too horrid sight', she thinks to herself. She leans down to get her P.E kit clothes and slips them on. She then reaches to her long sleeved t-shirt and slips it on, carefully. Lucy sighs again, but this time, tears swell up her eyes again, everything blurs and she sits down, placing her head within her hands and cries. 'I just want to be normal', she whispers to herself, crying uncontrollably. She picks up her blade, kept in her bag. She clenches to it, runs into the bathroom, shuts the door behind her, locking it, and sitting down on the floor. She breaths heavily, staring at the cold blade. She lifts her sleeves up, revealing her wrist, veins visable, she places the blade onto her skin. She flinches at the coldness of it as it touches her delicate skin. She places it upwards, over a vein. Presses onto the blade, and slowly, drags it down her wrist. Blood splurts out. She repeats the same procedure over the cut. Again. And Again. And Again. Her eyes begin to shut as the blood pours from her veins. She cuts one last time. Then, she shuts her eyes, and everything turns black...

'Lucy?', John calls out. 'LUCY? Are you in here?', he repeats. He then checks inside the facilities. Infront of the locked door, he looks underneath. 'Lucy? Lucy are you...', he stops, looking at blood on the floor... 'LUCY, LUCY?!', he shouts. He then kicks against the door. Again, harder. Again, harder than ever. The door unlatches, and breaks open. Lucy is lying there, blood splurting out, her eyes shut closed and her cold body laying against the wall. 'LUCY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!', he screams out. He checks her pulse. 'Holy crap! Lucy, LUCY PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE!', eyes watering, he cries uncontrollably and runs outside. 'HELP, HELP, ANYONE!?', he screams out. Echoing around. Mrs Thorn runs, 'What is it John?', she asks worrying. 'LUCY, LUCY, SHE'S, UHH, HURRY UP, FOLLOW ME, QUICK!', John screams, running inside the girls bathroom, he goes into the toilets and shows Mrs Thorn. 'Dear God...', Mrs Thorn's eyes wide open, she stares in shock. 'John... G-G-Get... A-A-An... A-A-Ambulance...... NOW!', she yells. John runs to the office, barges in and dials for an ambulance. 'YES, PLEASE, QUICK, MY FRIEND, LUCY, SHE'S CUT HERSELF, SHE ISN'T BREATHING, SHE... HELP, PLEASE, COME, QUICK!', he yells, running back to Mrs Thorn.

'1, 2, 3', Mrs Thorn pushes against her chest. 'Come on Lucy, please, don't die on us, please', tears dripping from her face. Lucy gasps for air... 'THANK GOD!', Mrs Thorn yells out. 'Lucy, Lucy, are you okay?', John runs to her, hugging her so tightly, kissing her forehead. 'I... I...', her eyes shut... 'Lucy?', John checks her pulse... 'She's breathing, she has a pulse, what's wrong with her?', John looks at Mrs Thorn. 'Is the ambulance coming?', she asks. 'Yes, should be', John replies. Sirens in the background screech. 'Go and tell them where Lucy is, and come back, leading the way', Mrs Thorn shoo's John away to go, and hurry about it. John runs, telling the paramedics where Lucy is, leading the way as Mrs Thorn asked. The paramedics rush in, 'Please may you give us some space', they tell Mrs Thorn. Mrs Thorn backs up, getting to her feet and staying out of the way. The paramedics give Lucy oxygeon, and raising her wrist, the blood still rushing out from her. 'What's her name? Lucy, I recall being told?', one of them asks. 'Yes, Lucy, Lucy, she's my best friend, please, please save her, help her, please', John says so quickly. 'We will do all we can', the paramedic replies, facing back to Lucy checking her blood pressure, temperature and pulse. 'She's unstable, we need to get her to hospital, immediately', the paramedic tells us. 'Can I come? Please?', John asks. 'Of course, but please, give us our space', the paramedic replies.

They put her on a board and strap her up, giving her fluids and connecting her to an IV line. 'I can't believe she did this', John says to himself. Guilt runs over him. Blaming himself is all he could do right at that moment. Tears run down his cheeks, dripping down. He sniffs his nose, grabbing a tissue and wiping his tears and nose. 'Will she be ok?', John asks one of the paramedics. 'We can't be sure', he replies with a frown. Lucy eyes flutter, her body shakes... she has a seizure. 'What... what... WHAT'S HAPPENING TO HER?', John screams out. The paramedic injects something into the IV line. 'She is having a seizure, be calm, she will be okay in a few minutes, this should help', the paramedic calmly replies, injecting the last bit of fluids into her IV line. She slowly stops shaking her body, her eyes tightly shut. Then they flutter open. 'Where... where... am I...', Lucy whispers. 'It's okay dear, you are in an ambulance, we are taking you to hospital', the paramedic says to her soothingly. 'I... why... what...?', Lucy confused, she says with her eyes half open. 'Just be calm dear', the paramedic tells her. Lucy screams 'LET... M-M-ME... GO', Lucy tries to get up, but the straps are holding her in too tightly. 'Lucy, please calm down, please, they are only helping you', John sits by her, holding her hand. Lucy tries to hit him, but the straps are holding her arms down. 'GET... OFF... ME... I'M... I...I...' Lucy slowly shuts her eyes... 'I... I... am.... FINE...', finally, her mouth shuts and her eyes close. 'What happened? Is she ok?', John asks. 'I just gave her a sedative', the paramedic replies.

The ambulance stops, sirens turned off, the other paramedic opens the back door. 'Okay, John, please stay back', the paramedic tells John, lifting up the board, wheels appear and they wheel her out of the ambulance and rush her into the hospital. 'Young girl, age 14, cut her wrist deeply, lost alot of blood, blood pressure low, pulse high, temperature very low', the paramedics tell the nurses gathering around her in the Emmergency unit. 'Okay, John, please come with me', John is told by a nurse. 'But... Lucy...', John stutters and looks at Lucy. 'She's in safe hands now', the nurse says, leading him into friends and relatives room. It seemed like hours before a nurse came in and said that he could see Lucy. She lead him to the where Lucy lay, she was hooked to so many things. 'Is... is she ok?', John asks the nurse. 'It's hard to say, these first 24 hours are critical', the nurse replies with a sad face. John took a seat close to Lucy, stroking her head, holding her hand, letting out a deep, long sigh, with tears swelling up in his eyes. 'Oh Lucy, why?', he whispers. Her eyes flutter open. 'Lucy?', he asks quietly. She opens her mouth, 'J...John?', she quietly asks for him. 'J...J...John... W...where... are... you?', she shakes her head, trying to look for him, but her eyes are shut. 'I'm here, I'm here Lucy', John squeezes her hand. 'John... I... I'm sorry...', she flutters her eyes open... 'It's okay, It's okay, shhh... I'm here...', he says to her soothingly and calmly. Her eyes open, half open, half shut, she looks, blurred vision, she sees John. 'Oh, John... I... I'm sorry... Please... for...give... me...', she stutters... 'Of course I forgive you, I was so scared Lucy, I was so scared...', John cries, putting his head next to hers, hugging her, holding her hand still, kissing her forehead, whispering to her 'It's okay'.

He opens his eyes. 'I must've fallen asleep?...', John thinks to himself, still, his head next to hers, cuddling into her, hand in hers. 'Lucy, sweetie, you awake?', he asks her. 'I... I... am...', she stutters. 'Are you okay?', he asks her with a frown. 'I will be... John... please... don't ever leave me...', she tells him with tears dripping from her eyes. 'Never', he replies with certainty. 'Lucy... I love you more than anything, you're like a sister to me, I'll always be here for you', he looks into her eyes, holding her tight. 'You do? How? How could you love, how could you care about such a monster like me? Such a... freak?', Lucy replies with tears uncontrollably spilling from her eyes. 'Lucy, you're the most amazing girl I've met, you're fabulous, I really care about you, so much' John says to her, with a smile accross his face, wiping her tears and holding her tightly. 'I... don't know what to say...', Lucy says back, for the first time, she smiles and she meant it. They lay there, holding each other for what seems like forever...

'Okay, Lucy, a psychiatrist is here to just talk to you, are you okay, feeling okay?', the nurse comes in asking her. 'I feel... okay, I guess, well, not really, but, I can handle it', she replies with a smile spread accross her face, holding John. 'Could John come with me?', Lucy asks. 'Yes, of course, if he wants too', the nurse replies. A few hours pass, and the psychiatrist comes in greeting both of them. Hours they talked. In the end, the psychiatrist suggested she be sectioned. 'Sectioned? NO! I can't be, please, please don't, please!', Lucy screams, trying to get up. John holds her, 'Lucy, please, do this for me, it's what's best', he tells her. '... But, I don't want to go into any hospital John, please don't let them, please, please...', she pleas John, but he refuses too. 'Lucy, this is for your own good, please, please just do it, for me?', John asks her. 'For you, fine, but visit me everyday, or whenever you can, call me too, please'... John nods, holding her close.

Lucy gets sectioned, John goes with her to make sure she settles fine. Her mother was called, but she was too scared to come in to the hospital and see her. When she was informed of the update, she came straight to the hospital. 'Where is Lucy?', she asks the reception. 'Who are you?', the lady asks. 'I'm her mother, Jane', she replies. 'Right this way Jane, she is with her friend John', she says, stepping from behind the desk leading her down the hallway. 'Here she is', she says, showing her through the door to a bedroom. 'Lucy, oh God LUCY!', her mother runs up to Lucy and gives her the longest, tightest hug ever. 'Hun, what, urgh, just, Lucy...', her mother cries as she tightly hugs her daughter. 'John, oh, John, thank you so much, thank you, thank you!', her mother runs to John and hugs him. John blushes... 'It's fine Ma'am', hugging her back.

Lucy, John and her mother are put in a room with the psychiatrist. 'I'm afraid Lucy will have to stay here for 28 days, she has been sectioned under the mental health act 2', the psychiatrist tells Lucy's mother. 'I... ok, aslong, aslong as she will be safe, and okay', her mother looks at Lucy, with a little smile, but she feels tears coming from her eyes. Lucy nods and says 'I... I'm sorry'. John hugs Lucy, telling her it's okay. 'Could me and Lucy have some time alone?', John asks of the psychiatrist and her mother. 'Of course, if that is okay with you?', Lucy's mother looks at the psychiatrist. 'Yes, certaintly, but please don't be too long', he replies, and walks out, leading Lucy's mother.

'Lucy, please, try and help yourself for me, please?', John looks into Lucy's eyes and pleads for her to say okay. 'It's hard, I've been cutting, feeling so low, sad, depressed, suicidal, for so long, I just... I want to die...', Lucy cries, John sits her on his lap and cuddles into her. 'It's going to be okay Lucy, please, just promise me you'll try to get better, to accept the help, please?', John looks into her eyes again, wiping her tears, waiting for the answer... What seems like hours, she finally says 'Okay John. For my mum... and for you', she says, cuddling into him, crying and holding him tightly. 'Thank you, so much Lucy', he cries, holding her tight too, tears dropping quickly from his eyes, aswell as hers.