Is it a right of passage to not like the "in laws"?

Beehive

For some reason I do not like my fiance's step family. They are lazy, snotty and think they are better than anyone. For some reason it drives me mad even tough I rarely see them (On purpose). When he tells me stories about the stuff they do I just want to go tell them off? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get zen with this situation? I do not like this anger that is consuming me, and to my dismay they are part of my life.

Maybe just do what you're doing? Limit contact with them.. But you should be considering the future too. I mean, you may want to have kids with this fiance one day.. Are you going to deny them access to your children? Is this something you and he are fighing about, or may start fighting about in the future?

you are marrying him not his family..i was with my ex for almost 12years and i couldnt stand his family but i didnt have to deal with them cause i didnt marry them...in 12 years they maybe came to my house a hand full of times...just relax and try not to be around them and tell fiance to stop talking to u about them since it build up anger lol

No we do not fight about it. He doesn't like his step family either. I like his real family, just not the evil wicked step one's..lol. We do not want to kids so I do not have to go to the mini-van, play date functions... phew. I just wish I could say, oh hi how are you, I hate you, please never talk to me. Ok bu bye then. It's a dream though

Archived