I found something interesting

RufusDawes

I'm still not going to have a kid, but my PhD looks better every day. Call me selfish, I don't care, I don't think every one needs to have kids.

They failed to mention the infant mortality rate in developing nations is such that 12% of infants die, the below 5 mortality rate is 22%. Using birth rates and such as a way of saying there is a population explosion is poor statistical representation of the situation. The death rate and life expectancies are significant roles in such approximations, but have not even be accounted for it the article.

The facts are not correctly represented or proper amounts of information given.

The planet is not getting any bigger, but our populations is still increasing no matter the locality, its foolish to encourage more children to be born when there are plenty already in this world that just need to have more opputunities. One thing I noticed is that there is no mention of adoption programs to help relieve the overpopulation of certain areas by encouraging people support children not of their own genetics. A far more reasonable solution then just pumping out more kids to a world nearly at capacity.

I would have to agree with you 100% on this one. I know I am selfish, but at least I can admit it before I were to bring a child in this world. I think that article is a lot of horse dung for the simple facts that were stated in carn.butterflys post. I will speak for the United States because that is where I live, but there are so many young girls and don't get me wrong, some older, have child after child and leeching off of the govt. People like carn.butterfly and I pay for this. So why would we want to have children and pay for those peoples kids and ours??? To be honest, this may sound harsh, but I think some people need to sterelized.

Archived