Anybody an actor???

If you are serious about film acting, you are going to want to make that move to CA. But in the meantime, why not get some additional experience. Take acting classes (through community organizations or even college coursework.) Audition for various plays. And yes, talk with various talent scouts (remembering that you want to avoid those who want a fee upfront rather than making money only when you do.) These will also allow you to be around other actors and allow you to network.

Also, it is not smart to mentally type cast yourself. You want to have some flexibility in your skills and be able to play various roles. I recommend working on developing the ability to perform as various characters and be willing to audition for anything.

Good luck!

Well, I have already taken classes when I was college. I actually failed one because I didn't take it seriously. I didn't memorize the stuff. I tried to learn it an hour before....but if it was for money I'd do it. Now, I am deciding I need to try it for real.

Where exactly can I find a talent agent? I sent a picture to some agency and they never responded to me.

Honestly, I just want to audition for a major motion picture. A character that has 1 or 2 lines.

Archived