Dreams took me back a few steps

Ok I have been focusing on regaining the strength I use to have--after encouragement I have received here and reading old postings from posters who clearly illustrate their strength and clarity.

I had one of those bolts of lightening moments where I realized I needed to straighten up and get with the program.

But...always that dang but...I had the most vivid of dreams last night! I know this sounds so stupid that something like a dream would set me back.

I dreamt that the former guy(can't really call him a real SO--see other posts)showed up at a place I was with one of his brothers and was on his way to the hospital because his wife was about give birth and he was just beyond thrilled. I woke up so very upset and back to thinking about what I don't have and what his wife does and how incredibly jealous I am to not have the life I wanted--although there was no indication that I would have the opportunity to have that life!

Briefly, I was pregnant with his child and had a stillborn little girl last year. He never spoke to me again after I told him I was pregnant. So it's a pretty sensitive subject.

I know this will happen someday if it hasn't already in real life! I also know I have no control over any of it and I will likely never know unless I make an effort to find out, which I am not going to do.

How can I be this effected by a dream? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Hey swtsmr93!

If it is any consolation, I have been having a lot of very vivid dreams recently - dreams that have woken me in a panic - a real nasty panic. A couple of times they have been so vivid that I have woken and burst straight into tears.

And yes - they do affect you. To my mind it is like you have broken NC - like it really happened and i have found they really set me back.

Your dream sounds really horrid and it sounds like you have a real reason to feel so upset about your dream, considering your past.

I can't see a pattern to these dreams but I am trying to make sure I don't eat too late and also - keep off the cheese - lol!

Look after yourself.

Mark

Archived