depression and lack of feelings

Knight,

One more question. Do you think you would have taken her suggestion to get help seriously if she had suggested it after you broke up or would you have just thought it was her reaction to the breakup?

Hi

It would of depended on what stage of the healing process I was on.

I started off very angry, and too be honest I would of told her where to go. I still have some resentment towards her, so still would of put my pride infront of any reasoning. Male pride can be very damaging

It sounds like you two can have a civilised conversation so maybe a little hint would help a great deal.

My husband, maybe ex(?) had a heavy drinking problem, we separated and then reconciled when he quit drinking. He took anti-depressents for about 4 months after we got back together for his anger. It was great, he was on a more even keel than ever before, then he quit the meds. A couple of really bad months then it settled out some. He still lashed out verbally, pleasing him was like trying to him a contanstly moving and changing target. He left about 3 weeks ago.

I'm hurt because I opened up to try make it work, and yes I think depression played a big part. And I may be depressed myself, mostly I am clueless and confused.

I am accepting his decision, respecting it, but doesn't make the hurt go away and it does feel worse than the first separation. I have somehow lost my resolve, maybe because to try hold it together I had to open all the way up, to believe. Now I'm having a hard time just getting by, and we work together so even when I think I can handle it, I have to face it every day.

Archived