INTERESTING-what's the difference between these religions?

from what I remember {from a long long time ago} is that Lutherans are suposedly more laid back about going to church, were as roman-catholic and presbyterian are more strict I dont know much of anything about calvinist. but basically it is the same thing. roman-catholics I think believe that Jesus will one day be rebord and I know Lutherans do thing that calvinist do also. presbyterians I am pretty sure think that he has already made his second coming. keep in mindd this is all pretty fuzzy though =D hope I helped.

lutheran, presbyterians belong to the protestant branch of christianity and the roman catholics belong to the catholic. presbyterians don't think that the second coming has come already as the other person has said. prebysterianism and calvinism are similar, i think. i don't know jack crap about lutherans.

I'm a roman catholic living in the philippines. I dunno much about the other religions you mentioned. I'm just recalling from memory so i might get some things mixed up...

basically all cristion religions come from the jewish belief that God spoke to Abraham, and promised him that he would become the father of a large number of people. From the line of Abraham came the Israelites, God's chosen people.

After they got out of Egypt, God promised them the land of Canaan. This includes all lands from egypt to Iraq(babylon), above the deserts of arabia, and below the king's highway(i think it's in turkey).

When they got the land, They turned away from God and wanted kings, who later displeased God. Due to their sins, God decided to punish them through the Babylonian exile where they were defeated by the babylonians and later the romans. But God promised them that they would be delivered by a savior. - This is where we part ways.

The jewish believe that their savior is yet to come, and Jesus is was merely another prophet, whereas we believe that Jesus is that savior, and he comes to save all of mankind.

We roman catholics believe in the power of the ressurection. We hope that we too will one day share in that Glory of Christ.

Most of the protestant religions came during the reinassance(?). Most of them from kings, philisophers, and idealists who had their own interpretation of the bible, the law, or any other aspect of religion, most of them ironically dealing with moral topics such as polygamy, priestly marriage, etc... (14th - 17th century?, not sure)

Islam, as I recall came from the line of Ishmael, don't remember if he was Jacob or Isaac's brother. They believe that God spoke to Mohammed and wrote the koran with His own hands. (I think this was some time during the 1st or second century)

Whew... I hope you get something out of this... Sorry if i couldn't recall the dates... (i always had problems with remembering dates...)