How often do ex's get back together?

Ok i broke up with my ex about 4 months ago.We went out for 2 years. She's has a new boyfrind who she has been going out with for about 2 months. We broke up on really good terms and our relationship was pretty good except for some slight problems that can easily be fixed. We are just so young me 21 and her 19. Im ok with dating other people for awhile since we were each others first loves but i dont want us to grow apart and not talk ever again. I kinda broke it off with her 3 weeks ago and said we shouldnt talk or see each other anymore because i was having so much trouble being friends. But she said no i just need time. and she will call me in the future. ok well anyways she even told me she started going out with her new boyfriend to get over me. i know thats not a good foundation to start a relationship on. I'm 99% positive they arent gonna work out i just dont know how long it will last.She seems to like him more now than when they first started dating but i honestley dont know how they are together. Ive never seen them together.I just dont want her to forget about me. she hasent called and im too scared to call her i dont know what to do? how often do people get back together after they have broken up? Is it bad that i still want to get back together and cant completely let go? she seriously means the world to me.I tried dating other girls but i know im not ready for that yet.how come she could so easily?ok im sorry this was so long. please help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Hey there,

There is a lot of times when ex's of long periods of time do get back together, and on the other hand there are numerous occasions when they dont.

It sounds that the both of you have broken up for a reason, and it has already been 4 months.

Sometimes girls and guys start dating so soon after the relationship just because they want to get over their partner, or because they want to try new things out, and you have to keep in mind that 19 and 21 is pretty young. Some people are more aware of their feelings than others as well..... this is why it takes longer to get over someone after a break up! But you got to see it as well..... you have to understand the reasons why you broke up.

All you can do now is take care of you, NUMBER ONE!

If you want to chat some more PM me

From experience, exes do sometimes get back together, but when they do, the original problems will surface again. Even worse, some couuples blame the other for breaking up and then wanting to get back.

It's almost as if the first time in the breakup is enough to know that you're better off with someone else. But, in rare cases, the second time around could actually work out better.

Think about it, you guys are still young. There are lots of obstacles that will come. (I.E.- finishing shcool, meeting new friends/colleagues)

You never know...If she really is the world to you, and if things are met to be, then only time will tell. Best of Luck!

ok we never actually broke up we decided to take a break because we had been going out for 2 years and she fealt like we needed to take anothe step and grow but after 2 years the next step is basically engagment and me thinking we were so young i dont want to get married till im done witth school which at the rate im going will be like 6 more years we never really broke up for a reason i guess the number 1 reason was because our schedules were conflicting and we didnt have enough time to see each other. Neither one of us wanted to. We just fealt like it would be a good idea to take a break. the whole time after we broke up we missed each other a lot and she wanted to get back together but i guess i took to long. The weird thing is we always got along so good our personalities meshed so well together. BUt all my friends say she will call when things go bad with her new boyfriend but i guess im just scared she will forget me. Do these cirumstances sound like we have a good chance to get back together?