Why Does Money Suck?

I don't know what to do? I have no money, and I need to pay some bills I still have from school. I have been out of work for the last little while because of personal problems and school. I have applied for a bunch of jobs but the payment date is coming up and I kind of need money now. I need to know how I can get money while I'm still looking for a job? I'm too stubborn to ask because my parent's are having money problems of their own.

Wicked Miss

I know its easy to worry about bills because you see the payment date and know you dont have money and all but seriously, those bills will wait. As long as you have money to eat and for your shelter (and you seem to have those taken care of) unless it comes down to paying your rent or feeding yourself or your children it really wont be a DIRE emergency. thats how I see it, bills will wait and sometimes I make the bastards wait extra long for stressing me out! the joke ends up on me though beacuse late fees suck even worse then an outstanding balance!!! Just throw the bills away and if anything comes from them dont even open it till you know you have the money. It wont look to good on your credit report but who can worry about that at a time like this? Right?

I'm just worried that temp agencies cost money to apply through.

They don't here in the UK, and I must say it's pretty tight of them if they do that wherever you are. The only problem is that they still pay monthly so you won't get your cash very quickly. I sold some stuff through a local website here in London, that seems to be the only way to get cash quickly.

The only way I know you can get money "fast" is by going to a cash advance store. But you'll have a week or two to pay it back though. It's like getting a loan thru a bank...but it's not really a bank. Just write a check, they give you money and they hold your check for a week or two...depending on your pay periods. But they require some ID and a bank statement from your bank the first time if you sign up. If you have online banking you can print one out...it has to be up to date though and they ask for your employer information too. I need about $260 to get me out of the hole in my checking account...that's all of my paycheck gone...plus I am 2 months behind on a loan payment for another bank!! So I am screwed too..I'm going to have to ask if they can wait! I hope they can!

MOney only sucks when you dont have enough of it. When you are short on money it can became the focal point of your life.

Curbie, those places only work for the employed. She is not employed right now and won't be able to pay it back in their short timeframes. And i believe the interest on those things are horrible.

To the OP, you may have to swallow your pride and ask your parents for help. We all have been there before.

have you tried temping? if you live close to a big city - that's a good way to make a fair amount of money (better than nothing) without too much work. plus, if you are any good at what you're doing at your temping assignments, you could even land yourself a permanent job.

What kind of bills are you talking about?

If it is a studen loan, you might be eligible for a deferment.

If it's utilities or hospital bills, don't worry about it for now, they can't screw up our credit if you're late and they will generally give you a few months before they shut your utilities off.

If it's credit card debt, you have a couple of options. 1) Call them up and confess that you are short in money and they will try to come up with a smaller payment plan with you. This might help you avoid some serious finance/interest charges. 2) open another credit card with 0% interest on transfers and transfer your balance into that new card.

And if you're really in a bind, like everyone said...you will probably have to ask your parents for help.

Archived