hello, i gess i have a bit of a problem...well after a year of living with my abusive aunt i moved here to live with my dad and my step mom.Its a lot better than my aunts but i still dont feel right here.My aunt always use to yell at me for every little thing i did or didnt do . even if i didnt do anything wrong i would get screamed at for it. i was always told that i was crap and i wasnt worth their time and that noone else wanted me and that i should be greatful for them taking me in.i mean jeez ,the homeless shelter was better than that.For a long time i told my dad every thing she said about me.i told him that i wanted to get out of there.for a long time he didnt believe me. i gess he thought i was overexadurating about it because i got good greads and always went to school.it wasnt til' recently that i moved here.but it was a big shock to me.anyways i'm here now and i gess its cool.buti feel weired.like if i do something wrong my dad just tells me that i did it wrong and i need to do it again.and its not just that its the way he acts twords me.last night i broke down crieing and i dont even know why.i know this is probably confusing and stupid ....but i would really apresheate it if some one could explane how i feel.

you're not at peace with yourself because of the people around you. You find it hard to find acceptance because nothing you do seems ever good enough. The only form of visual love you can feel is by getting good graders and nothing else seem to matter to your dad.

Was i at least close in describing how you feel?

It takes time to adjust to new surroundings. It is always tough moving and starting over, especially now that you will have a different authority and different set of rules.

Just hang in there and take it day by day...you will start to meet new people...you will start to adjust to your new family...Just takes a little while...could take a couple of months. But everything will fall into place eventaully.

Good Luck

DBL

thanx that makes me feel better.i mean i dont really have anything to complane about.thers no yelling here peace and quiet 8) .so i gess its cool buti think it will get a little more difucultafter the holidays because i will have to change schools dont think i am very good at making new friends and i like all the ones i have at my school i dont want to change schools!

A friend of mine growing up changed schools. He started in my school until 3rd or 4th grade. Then he went to another school for a year, then to another school up until 12 grade. One day in gym I see this guy sitting on the bleacher and I walked over and it was my old friend, just came back to his original school. He made friends in every school and he has way more friends then I ever had. So there is an advantage to going to different schools...you get to meet all kinds of new people. Now 15+ years out of school he runs inot a girl he went to school with and are getting married.

Just follow the path in front of you, we never know what will be at the end.

DBL