I'm trying to stop cutting. Anyone who can help me here?

Make a pot of coffee every time you feel like cutting. Then drink some, (make sure it isn't decaf), and it works. Not only do you lose the craving to cut in the time it takes to make the coffee, but coffee also helps a little with depression and awareness. It helps keep your self in check instead of your emotions. Good Luck, hope you succeed.

mmm... you WANT to stop? well, that's good. i never wanted to stop. it was more of a forced thing...

i dunno, the caffiene thing sounds like trading one addiction for another, though everyone's probably addicted to caffiene by now anyway, and that's pretty harmless in comparison.

if you don't want anyone to know and you want to try to stop all by yourself (or with help in anonymity...or whatever that word is...anonymousness) then best of luck, i have no idea. your best bet is to talk to a counselor if you really want to stop no matter what, though you'll have to get over the addiction by yourself, it just helps to have someone to talk to.

lock all your knives razors etc. away where you cant get them the coffee thing does work. write poety when you wanna cut. i stopped for 16 days now and i still dont want to stop im just tired of being told i have to stop. you want to stop your already ahead of me talking to people helps. if you dont have anyone to talk to you acn always pm me

-stitches

Hello Roxie and welcome to eNotalone.

Here is a site with a LOT of tips on how to try and stop cutting.

link removed

I'm glad you are going to try and stop as its very addictive once you have been doing it for awhile. But this site has lots of alternative ways to help you get the same effect without actually hurting yourself in the process.

Have a look, and I hope this helps.

avman

Roxie, I had a friend who cut...and I burned. The cutting thing was never for me. But it's good you realized you need to quit cutting. Alot of people never come to their senses and say "I have to quit now!" I talked to my friend, then talked to a counselor and talked to people on here...it really helps. Then I just realized "Okay, I might be depressed but...what's the point? I mean...I have to be the bigger person. I can't let this disease take me over" I un-plugged the curling iron I kept by my bed and everytime I got upset and just wanted to do it....I had to be the bigger one. I wrote, screamed, cried, kicked, ran....anything but burn. (Cut in your situation) I don't know if this is any help but..I mean...I'm trying. Try to be the bigger one...and remember enotalone is always here. And you can always, *always* pm me.

~Under~

Thank you all for responses. I realize now it should've been under self-injury, but hey. The coffee thing sounds promising. I've done somethign similar when ever I feel depressed, I've never tried it for cutting. I never thought I would want to stop until recently, I realize it's not what I want going on in my life. Poetry helps me in ways I can't even put to words, but I'm in a very big block, partly from too much emotion. I'll go to the site in a few minutes, I've been to a couple just looking for tips.