I have just gotten back from being away for three months, and in those three months i didnt do alot to be active. I gained weight im gonna say at least prolly 5 pounds.. mainly in my legs... and some on my stomach... i was wondering if anyone has some tips that could help me lose my weight. I take a martial art twice a week, so im hoping that is gonna help, it has before, but i was wondering what other peopl do to lose weight, im considering running on my treadmill i have at home and stuff, anyone got some tips for me? thanks alot

To lose weight you should limit your calorie intake. You might want to go on a diet... Stick to good healthy foods like fruits, veggies, beans, and fish. No grease, no sugar, and no junk food. Eat in proportion though. Its all about diet and exercise.... Running would be good to do and its a really fast way to lose weight, or you could just go for a walk everyday. Yoga or pilates are also fun to do, and they keep ya healthy. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them...

eating right...and absolutely do not skip meals, especially breakfast it gets the metabolism going in the morning....watch the portion sizes and snack on healthy foods (carrots, celery, ect.) in-between meals to keep the metabolism up...celery is great because it's low in calories...

Lifting weights helps because muscles keep burning calories long after working out...

Running will help to, but don't just jog a quick mile or two...vary the speeds...do some fast sprinting type running real quick then slow it down...fat adjusts to the way our bodies are getting worked so you need to change the routine every now and then...

Most people think dieting does it...it may for a short while but working out and getting exercise is the healthy way of losing weight and keeping it off, don't confuse "DIET" with dieting...a healthy well rounded diet is key!!!

Oh and for any body that thinks low-carb is a good idea, it's not healthy at all you need carbs!!!