please dont complain to me abotu being 5'5 and 125 pounds, that is liek my dream. So many girls who are your height and weight want to lose weight because they think they are fat. Excuse me, but that is very skinny. Guys dont want anorexic lookin 90 pound girls. I would give ne thing to be your wieght. And YES u are 14 and u are growing. U are a cheerleader, so u have exercise. your body grows as u get older. U have nothin to worry about. and your topic - this is sick.........no its sick that u think that way. The way u feel about ur image is not healthy. Dont worry so much about how much people look at you, let them look at ur ffeeligns and ur heart, because thats all that matters. With that said, it is also good to be healthy of course. i hope u get what im saying.

Hello

Well At that age i was growing so fast you could almost see it in the mirror, especially my feet, at 15 my feet were almost the same size as they are now (size 11 then, size 12 now) I grew like 18 inches between 14-16 in height.

As for cheer-leading, that wouldn't make you gain weight. all the opposite, all that jumping is good aerobics!.

If your calorie intake is the same as always, then you can probably blame your bodies production of hormones for those few extra pounds, estrogen will do that!

Another thing, clothing styles now show lots of mid section, and are very tight, so they are not very forgiving to any growth or minor weight gain (Menstrual cycle water retention) and body growth.

If you are concerned about weight gain, don't diet!, but adjust what you eat to something more healthier, and go to the Gym, you think Britney and Shakira were born that way? you think those abs come from diets?

don't worry about a few pounds, or obsess about weight, your growing fast now, so whatever you see in the scale is just gonna keep going up, might as well toss the scale in the closet.

I am 6'2" and my weight can fluctuate 5lbs from one week to another, and its hardly noticeable. (although i feel it he he) so don't look at the scales, don't do any good. if you want to shed some fat, and keep the tone, exercise and eating healthy, is the best way, actually EVERYONE should be doing those things, even if your in shape. you'll look good, be healthy, and feel great!

I recently just turned 16 and kind of went through the same thing, though not so different at the same time... When I started highschool and was 14 I weighed about 125 pounds. Near the end of that year I weighed about 145. At the beginning of this year I was somewhere around 150 and am now nearly 165. My height has only changed about an inch or so, if even that much. The only difference in my drastic weight gain is that I love lifting weights and I now have a place to go with friends and work out which is where I am every day after school. And I am a male, so dont think that weight is unusual I also play year round soccer and am in track as well so I do alot of running. All I can say is it pays off with all the running and exercise I get. I'm actually fairly skinny despite by all the weight I've gained, about a 28 inch waist still.

But thats my little story sorry for getting side tracked. All you really have to ask yourself is are you happy with how you look? If not then change it! Like gilgamesh said, change your diet and work out more. Go running or biking. I found that a routine of crunches, sit ups, and weight lifting works very well. Try alternating small ammounts of weight with arms one day, then do leg work along with sit ups and crunches the next, and keep alternating that way... Just remember it takes time to lose weight! Be patient and dedicated.

That is not that bad you are not fat. You will be ganing weight all most of your highschool years and after that. Here is one thing to remember that you are a chearleader and you will be working out you will louse fat and gain mussle but mussle is heaver then fat so you will gain some more lbs. I wish that I could gain some weight I have been the same weight for about 6 years I am 6'1" and weigh 140 - 145 lbs so as you can see that I am under weight.