4 months and still spitting up Experinced moms please reply

my daughter is 4 and 1/2 months old and she is still spitting up. she weighs 22 pounds and shes about 28 inches so she is big. She was being over fed but now she only eats about 6 oz of formula mixed with 6 tsp of rice cereal like the doctor sugested ever 3 to 4 hours, is there any other advice. i can get from moms that have experienced this.

Thanx

Well, I have a few I think--I have 2 kids and the first one didnt spit up as bad as the second but he is now 11 months old. What I did is switched his formula to ISOMIL its a soy milk if that dont work. She can start using the spoon at 4 months, give her some cereal in a bowl or like you have been doing through the bottle. I always give mine in a bowl or a feeder. I dont think I helped any but let us know what works Thanks

I think that is pretty common for babies to spit up as long as they cant hold their head up well. think how it is when you eat a full meal and then go lie down or try to exercise or do something boring, your stomach can get upset too!!

Yeah my baby has been holding her head up for about 3 months now, so I know it has nothing to do with the holding her head up and she shits up on her own also.

coltons_mom Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:28 pm Post subject: 4 MONTHS OLD AND STILL SPITTING UP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I have a few I think--I have 2 kids and the first one didnt spit up as bad as the second but he is now 11 months old. What I did is switched his formula to ISOMIL its a soy milk if that dont work. She can start using the spoon at 4 months, give her some cereal in a bowl or like you have been doing through the bottle. I always give mine in a bowl or a feeder. I dont think I helped any but let us know what works Thanks

I have been using Isomil for about 2 months also, I stopped breastfeeding to go back to work and she broke out in hives at 4 weeks when we gave her enfamil. so we switched to isomil.

Thanx for all of your sugestions more is welcome

• 2 months later...

Dear Mom w 4 mo old

My husband and I have 5 children. I'm the Step-mom to the older two, and Mom to three younger children.

With our first daughter, my mother-in-law was insistent that I feed my baby rice in her milk. I do not believe in this method, It's over feeding them. If they're still fussy give them a little water in a bottle, rock them. so asked our pediatrician about it.

Our pediatrician does not feel it is a good thing to do. As he explained it to us, a baby's's still developing in sucking, swallowing and digestion so we should not concider giving her cereal until 6 months and then with a spoon.

She drank 5-6 oz of formula about evry three - four hours. Burp the baby, make sure it's a good burp too, half way through then finish the bottle or until the baby acts full (pushes the bottle away). Burp the baby again. Having air in the stomach can easily make baby's spit-up.