Help put my mind to ease, should I move?

Well I guess this could be considered career but im not real sure else where to put it.

Well after this year of uni I have to change uni's due to the fact that my uni doesn't have my major. But the problem is that none of the uni's I need to go to our close my point is that should I move out of home to do the whole indipendance (yes im 18 and still live at home) or should I just stay at home and wait to undertake those experiences later on in life.

See the thing is right now I have no job so + it is mega hard for me to get a job because I go to uni so there is a problem, being able to pay for rent and food and stuff as such.

But I feel like I don't want to be tottaly depandant on my mum and step dad.

Well any thoughts will help so I can put my mind to ease.

Hi.

First thing is first, you are still only 18 and should not feel the pressure to move out if you don't want to. Hey, I am 32 years old, have moved out twice from my parents and I am the daughter that keeps bouncing back and moving back in. At present I live with my mum and dad and am finishing off my nursing degree. Sure, I would love to live away, but I personally don't want a loan hanging round my neck when I start work. When I start work in 5 months I want to be debt free so I can spend my wages on fun stuff. Living with parents is only a stigma if you make it one, and I know plenty of people who do it and when people say anything to them they laugh and say "aaaaah but it means I have more money for drinks! wayheeeeey!!!".

Not only that but its really hard studying and working at the same time so if your folks are able to help you out, let them, its no big deal..unless you make it one.

You have approximately 70 years ahead of you to live alone, another 1 or two years is nothing and this way you don't have debts to worry about and as long as your folks know that you need to let you hair down and party then stay with them...why give yourself the extra hassle of living alone, which by the way, is not all it cracks up to be!

Are you interested in going to school at the moment? I'd say if you are, then go ahead, become independent it you have to and study in your field of interest.

Consider the alternatives, if you stay where you are, and get a job instead, a few years down the road you may find you can't break out of that mode and get back to studying. It may be toughter to get into a university to study in your choosen field if you're out of the educational system for a while.

By and large, undergrad study university is for people your age. Many, many folks leave home for the first time at that age to study. I was very nervous when I did, but it turned out okay. There's LOTS of time later to work for a living !!!