keeping your cool on a first date

You shouldn't have to worry about keeping your cool. You know you can have a successful relationship obviously since you are just coming off of a big one. First dates seem scary because of the first impressions and everything, but the secret to this is to just relax. I know that may sound vague, but that is what you have to do. Do not do anything too extreme. Do not say things you think he wants to hear. You will have plenty of other times to say things to him if your relationship progresses. On this first date, you just have to try to be as natural as possible. People always think if a first date isn't all successful, then your relationship will end in a failure. This is not true whatsoever. There is always time to grow a relationship. Right now, the only thing I can say is to not scare this guy off. Act around him like you would any of your good friends.

Hm...I'm sorry, but I can't help to wonder why you are so quick to get back in the "game." A year and a half relationship is still a pretty big thing. You are not trying to make your ex-boyfriend jealous are you? I do not want to speculate things, but make sure you are okay with doing this before you go out with him...

Always a pleasure to help!