Question about getting back together

Alright now I know full well as everyone else on this board probably knows is that you should never hold your breath for you ex assuming you'll get back together.Obviously, it prevents you from letting go. I'm curious though how often do people get back together. I really dont know. I've seen some people do it and they didn' miss a beat and i've see others try to get there girl or guy back to no avail. So how often does it happen?

It depends on the reasons of the breakup, my girl decided to go back to her ex, (a nasty, self centered, cheating man that he is) after 4 years with me. (Kind, loving respectful guy that iam). well my only consolation is that shell get what she deserves.

I dont imagine it happens much the otherway around. unless the other guy croaks or leaves her or cheats on her again, then they may try and come back.

Dont hold your breath, dont put your life on hold for a long shot. shes most likely to come back to you if your on your feet and happy anyway.

I on the other hand hold trust as paramount in a relationship, and would never go back to a woman after she did that to me, so even though im crying everyday now in pain, over my lost love, if she was to come knocking on the door right now, Id never go back with her, because i just wouldnt be able to trust her and feel secure with what she tells me.

Hi Neo,

I live by a rule in life: "Once an ex, always an ex". I believe getting back together could be very complicated. There might always be trust issues, like Gilgamesh brought up in his posting.

I know that Jessr06 is a living example of how things COULD work out, though. So, nothing is impossible. I hope she'll find some time to comment to this post, too... *grins*. She definitely will not agree with me

~ SwingFox ~