GUY PROBLEMS

A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO MY BEST FRIEND MY SISTER AN I MET THESE 2 GUYS AND MY SITER HOOKED UP WITH ONE AND MY FRIEND HOOKEDUP WITH THE OTHER . WELL I LIKED TONY THE ONE MY FRIEND HOOKED UP WITH. WELL THEY ENDED UP GOING UOT FOR A WEEK OR SO AND NEVER TALKED TO HIM SINCE THAN ,AND A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ME AND MY SISTER GOT BACK IN TOUCH WITH THEM AND I STILL LIKE HIM AND SHE DOSNT SHOULD I GO FOR IT OR WOULD THAT BE BETRAYING OUR FRIENDSHIP?

IF YOUR FRIEND WAS ONLY WITH HIM FOR A WEEK OR SO IT WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT A REALLY SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP. I THINK YOU SHOULD GO FOR IT UNLESS THIS GUY BROKE UP WITH YOUR FRIEND AND SHE IS STILL BITTER OR HEARTBROKEN. BUT IF IT WAS A CLEAN BREAK-UP I THINK IT IS FAIR GAME. BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD LET HER KNOW BEFORE SO SHE HAS THE CHANCE TO TELL YOU IF SHE HAS A PRBLEM WITH YOU DATING HIM. GOOD LUCK!

I agree with the previous poster. I'd let your friend know that you still like one of the two guys and let her know that you care for her friendship, yet you want the freedom to explore your possible relationship with the other guy. She may give you warnings about why she broke it off with him; those types of things I'd listen to and consider, and yet give the guy a fresh start to you; don't prejudge him based on what your friend said about him. This is a tough diplomatic situation; with some carefully applied tact, I'm sure you'll manage just fine. Good luck on that!