How to let your guard down with your crush?

SavanahGram

What can you do to make yourself feel more comfortable around your crush? I usually end up making eye contact with him only to look away again. I've always had my guard up so it can be hard to control this. But now I can't ignore my feelings anymore and want to be able to show some warmth towards him. I also struggle with this because I can be self conscious of other people around and get intimidated by him easily. Plus, we're still more like acquaintances and I've hid my feelings for him for a while now. I know he likes me, but he seems to be waiting for a sign from me. Obviously I know that to feel more comfortable, we'd have to get to know each other more. But all I'm asking is what can I do for myself to feel more comfortable around him? I'm tired of feeling held back and don't want to go through life without experiencing true love.

(I have healthy self-esteem in myself, but not as much when it comes to intimacy/expressing feelings. I feel like this may be rooted in my childhood.)

You mentioned you don’t want to go through life without experiencing “true love.” From my experience you will never really form a genuine connection or “true love” if you are not comfortable and cannot be yourself around someone. You just kind of know when you have found that person because you feel at ease and comfortable if not immediately, in a short amount of time. Also if you feel intimidated by him, then why do you want to try and make a move on him? Just because he has shown some interest in you, doesn’t mean you have to go for him - some people tend to dive in to whatever with whoever just because they have the opportunity, or it is the first person that has shown interest, you don’t have to do that. You are better than that and are worthy of so much more. You deserve someone who will make you feel comfortable.

It's not that I'm just diving into whatever with whoever. I really like him and feel a certain connection between us when we talked or been in the same room. And it hasn't been just work chit chat. I just feel intimidated because this is new to me and I never thought it would happen.

It's not that I'm just diving into whatever with whoever. I really like him and feel a certain connection between us when we talked or been in the same room. And it hasn't been just work chit chat. I just feel intimidated because this is new to me and I never thought it would happen.

So your intimidated because you don’t want to mess it up? Sounds like you need some confidence! Think positive thoughts, not what if! Maybe even be honest and tell him it’s new to you?

Leave coworkers alone. Do not tell him you have a crush on him. Remember sexual harassment goes both ways. Find men outside of work to talk to.

I really like him and feel a certain connection between us when we talked or been in the same room. I just feel intimidated because this is new to me and I never thought it would happen.

Archived