Where is the profound communication in our relationship?

Iluveu Puznd

Hi everybody, I am in a relationship since more than three years now. More and more I get the feeling that we are not that close anymore. I do not know exactly why, but one thing I recognized. We always discuss topics which are not about our relationship but more about our lives beside it…work, sport etc. On one hand this is normal, but on the other hand I wish more communication about us as a couple. Do you feel sometimes the same in your relationship? What is your approach to maintain your relationship and keep you and your partner deeply connected?

Thank you for your response.

Not sure what "profound communication" is, but it sounds annoying.

I don't need to communicate a deep connection with my lady. I know I have one. What kind of conversations are you hoping to have about your relationship? How long have you been together? Are there certain milestones you feel you two should have hit by now but haven't?

Not sure what "profound communication" is, but it sounds annoying.

I don't need to communicate a deep connection with my lady. I know I have one. What kind of conversations are you hoping to have about your relationship? How long have you been together? Are there certain milestones you feel you two should have hit by now but haven't?

I agree with this! I think shared laughter breeds the closest connection. Almost 20 years ago my husband and I came up with the idea for a talk show that we will never actually produce (this was pre-reality show time) and whenever we see a reference to the narrow topic we came up with we look at each other and have our two word phrase that refers to our plan. Inside jokes like that - especially if it's mostly just for the two of you -that to me fosters and maintains a deep connection, among other things.

I agree that humor is very important for a healthy relationship

I thought about the conversations which bring us closer together...conversations about our memories, traits or wishes...just to grow as a couple. Do you never deal with such questions?

All the time but mostly in a natural,organic way not in a forced one-sided way. I didn't just write that humor is important for health -it's important to bring you closer together as you say you want. He might be more inclined to share/open up during a shared outdoor activity. Do you go on walks/hike together?

Archived