Mixed signals

Ok so I don't know if this is the right category but it seemed to fit. However I recently started chatting with a girl that I've sort of known for some years, never really hung out much she used to date an aquantance of mine. Well they've been broke up for maybe 6 months or so, we also have very similar things that happened at the same time with our ex's. I decided to move in, since I wasn't exactly going to see her anywhere I decided to message her on social media and ask her if she'd like to grab a bite to eat sometime and just hang. She seemed somewhat flattered but said she was very busy all the time unfortunatly, which she really is I know that for sure. I said ok that's cool because I'm not in a rush for anything myself. After that she did seem to be somewhat intrested in building a friendship, and seemed flattered when we would text. But it's been very strange because sometimes I'll text her and we will end up texting all day just talking about random things, and then poof, she just stops even if we're in the middle of a conversation. Ive dealt with hard to get ones before but this one I really can't tell if she's playing hard to get or if she's just not intrested. She seems intrested at times but then I'll get nothing for like a week or 2. I actually sent her a funny video yesterday and got nothing. I usually start off by sending her something funny because that's just how we both are. We have alot in common and we also have alot of mutual friends. It's very confusing.

This is taking way too long to develop and it sounds like you've turned into pen pals and dropped into friendzone. If only for your emotional curiosity, feel free to try and get her out again on a date, but if she's not interested, drop her as it's occupying you and preventing you from getting on other girls.

Yea I figured as much. The thing about that is she told me she wasn't ready to date but she loved being friends and appreciated me. Since then I've just played cool and off and on we will chat and she always gives little subtle sort of hints showing intrest but just as soon as she will do that she will fall off the face of the earth until I make a next move. I definitly understand what she is going through but she won't even just hang out. Sometimes I feel like she just wants to see if I'll chase her and sometimes it's just odd. Pretty much I'd like to get some advice from a woman's perspective. Maybe someone could give me examples of what she could be thinking. I'm not desperate or anything and I'm willing to move at whatever pace but she is definitly an ideal woman. I really like the person that she is

Archived