My Big Ego has destroyed another relationship

donste

Hi guys, and gals. Im new to this thread and needed advice on repairing my relationship with a girl i still love and have strong feelings over. I admit that I have an ego that has just consumed my entire life and has alienated me from my friends, family and girlfriend. It had gotten so bad where I would talk about myself and my problems and my life and not listen to my girlfriend and this has caused the breakup. I dont come from the best home and do have a lot of at home issues i want to talk out with my girlfriend since i dont have that many people close to me that i want to share my life with. I could not even apologize for what I had done to my ex despite many opportunities to just because I couldnt get over myself. I need advice on how I can get over my big ego, and repair my relationship with the girl I still love. Thank you.

Hi guys, and gals. Im new to this thread and needed advice on repairing my relationship with a girl i still love and have strong feelings over. I admit that I have an ego that has just consumed my entire life and has alienated me from my friends, family and girlfriend. It had gotten so bad where I would talk about myself and my problems and my life and not listen to my girlfriend and this has caused the breakup. I dont come from the best home and do have a lot of at home issues i want to talk out with my girlfriend since i dont have that many people close to me that i want to share my life with. I could not even apologize for what I had done to my ex despite many opportunities to just because I couldnt get over myself. I need advice on how I can get over my big ego, and repair my relationship with the girl I still love. Thank you.

hey dude. sorry to hear this. it's good that you are willing to change. what steps have you taken so far? PM me if you want to chat man. I know what this is like, as one of my mates was like this and in the end he was diagnosed with narcissm. Not saying you are though

You've got two ears and one mouth, which do you think should be used more often?

It's great that you recognize the issue and that it's caused your people to alienate you. Practice listening. Try to relate/empathize. Don't try to "fix" the problems other people have, just take it all in and nod your head. People will naturally want to share, but there has to be a back and forth. Try to always be the second person... meaning, let them speak before you do. Try not to be so solipsistic in your world view.

Archived