marriage in it alone

haysmith

I have been married for 8 years. In 2009 to 2011 we lost everything and had to move in with my in-laws.( I can't get along with my mother in law. I know it is an old story not getting along with your in-laws My husband takes his mothers side, and blames me for everything. I am feeling alone. I have a few friends but I think their getting sick of my problems I have no one to talk about but my problems. I thought I would see if there was anyone else that was having troubles with their marriage. I left my husband because he wont support me in every aspect of my and our life, he will not support the kids. I guess I thought that a husband stood beside his wife. He wont get a full time job to help us get back on our feet. But I let him talk me into going back. I feel so dumb and I hate my self.But now I have no where and no one to turn to. Does anyone have advice?

You've come to the right forum.

I'd say, you need to figure out what you want to do from here. Divorce, fix it and you guys get jobs and your own place again or whatever, and what it is exactly you expect from your husband. If you want a divorce, you need to find a place to go (family maybe) and get that started working out. Then, go talk to him and tell him what it is you want and are willing to do.

If things keep staying like they are, you can't make him do anything about it. All you can control is what you do. Not easy decisions. I would strongly suggest couples counseling for you two.

I didn't get along with my inlaws either (2 exceptions) so I just quit dealing with them. Yep, we were living with them at one point too. I just walked away from the arguing and let the rest be water off a ducks back.

Archived