Ask For Advice

Thread: Why is she keeping me on a string?

matador1972
    Bronze Member

Why is she keeping me on a string?

She wants to remain best friends with me, and do fun things with me (go out for dinner, go to concerts etc).

Yesterday i wrote her an email and after 3 or 4 weeks of acting like best friends and doing the things above as well as going to keep fit classes together, i told her that i couldnt be her friend anymore when i still wanted to be her husband.

During the times we were out, especially the last few, she was more flirty, at keep fit last week she was touching me quite often, at the concert on wednesday she asked to hold my hand on the way out which was for about 20 minutes while we got out of the crowd.

after the keep fit class when dropped her off, i said that i still loved her and she said she still loves me.

She knows i still love her and wanted her back, she still says she dosent know what she wants, but she is dating a guy, is she trying to keep her options open?

Our daughter was ill yesterday, not mega ill, just a bit off colour, she sent me a text saying "i know you dont want to see me anymore, but we need to talk about xxxxx". We chatted about her when i collected her and nothing more was said.

Later that evening she texted me asking how she was, now she has her mobile and could have asked her directly, i replied saying she was okay now, and she responded again saying that she felt really bad about making her goto school yesterday, i just ignored this.

im quite resolute that i now wont contact her unless its something about the kids, so it will be interesting to see how she responds, last night to me seemed an excuse to make contact, but i feel really low today because i have broken off contact with her, but obviously i need to do it to let her go, im not doing it to get her to come back. The signs are all there that she loves me still (actually at teh concert she said that she nearly caved last week when she was low herself).

Ac143
    Sounds like she is keeping her options open, just incase that other guy doesn't work out. You should start NC and only talk to her when you have to ie kids. I know its hard, but its better then hanging out, going to dinner, concerts etc as "friends" when you know you can't just be friends. Maybe one day down the road...

Chris Knows
    This is just how the "Dumper" always seems to act with the "Dumpee".

For some strange reason, they think by keeping us around and being friends for a month makes everything ok.

Just go NC until they realize what they lost.

DontGetStung

She isn't, you are are hanging onto a string..cut it.

matador1972
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontGetStung [Register to see the link]

She isn't, you are are hanging onto a string..cut it.
    I never really looked at it like that before!

Top Threads
No contact help
It's been 2 weeks since we broke up. My heart is still as broken as it was on the first day. I've tried doing stuff to distract me but nothing helps
Advice please on the best way to respond to first contact from an ex after years
Hi, I would like some advice on how to respond to an ex who just got in touch with me about 2.5 years after we broke up. She broke up with me, I
A week of no contact and I want her back
It's been a week of no contact, 4 years together and go to the same church. Should I contact her? It was not really mutual she broke up with me for
Opinions on risky text message
To keep things simple, my ex and I broke up 6 weeks ago, after near 4 years together. I'm 19 she's almost 21. It came as a shock to me, even though
6 year relationship ended...no cheating involved.
Started dating in our final year of high school. Survived college and work together but then got too comfortable. I may have taken her for granted
Seeking closure and wanting my ex back.
I'm looking for some closure on my breakup and feel my ex and I can get back together after we both get our life back on track anyway Here goes
How to have patience when potentially reconciling with an ex.
Hi everyone, over a month ago my ex boyfriend of 4.5 years broke up with me. A few days after the messy break up he texted me and said that he still

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice