Ask For Advice

Thread: Why is she keeping me on a string?

matador1972
    Bronze Member

Why is she keeping me on a string?

She wants to remain best friends with me, and do fun things with me (go out for dinner, go to concerts etc).

Yesterday i wrote her an email and after 3 or 4 weeks of acting like best friends and doing the things above as well as going to keep fit classes together, i told her that i couldnt be her friend anymore when i still wanted to be her husband.

During the times we were out, especially the last few, she was more flirty, at keep fit last week she was touching me quite often, at the concert on wednesday she asked to hold my hand on the way out which was for about 20 minutes while we got out of the crowd.

after the keep fit class when dropped her off, i said that i still loved her and she said she still loves me.

She knows i still love her and wanted her back, she still says she dosent know what she wants, but she is dating a guy, is she trying to keep her options open?

Our daughter was ill yesterday, not mega ill, just a bit off colour, she sent me a text saying "i know you dont want to see me anymore, but we need to talk about xxxxx". We chatted about her when i collected her and nothing more was said.

Later that evening she texted me asking how she was, now she has her mobile and could have asked her directly, i replied saying she was okay now, and she responded again saying that she felt really bad about making her goto school yesterday, i just ignored this.

im quite resolute that i now wont contact her unless its something about the kids, so it will be interesting to see how she responds, last night to me seemed an excuse to make contact, but i feel really low today because i have broken off contact with her, but obviously i need to do it to let her go, im not doing it to get her to come back. The signs are all there that she loves me still (actually at teh concert she said that she nearly caved last week when she was low herself).

Ac143
    Sounds like she is keeping her options open, just incase that other guy doesn't work out. You should start NC and only talk to her when you have to ie kids. I know its hard, but its better then hanging out, going to dinner, concerts etc as "friends" when you know you can't just be friends. Maybe one day down the road...

Chris Knows
    This is just how the "Dumper" always seems to act with the "Dumpee".

For some strange reason, they think by keeping us around and being friends for a month makes everything ok.

Just go NC until they realize what they lost.

DontGetStung

She isn't, you are are hanging onto a string..cut it.

matador1972
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontGetStung [Register to see the link]

She isn't, you are are hanging onto a string..cut it.
    I never really looked at it like that before!

Top Threads
Been almost two and a half months nc.
(Please fully read) So a little update on my recent breakup, I've had this girl for 4 years we loved each other. We then broke up because well I
Ex looks at my Instagram stories even when we don't follow one another.
So I made a post yesterday about this issue numerous people told me to contact her and reach out which I did. My ex of four years had to of been
confused? help what is he doing/thinking?
hi- long story short. i had broken up with my boyfriend of a year approx 4 months ago. it hasnt really been a true break-up, where as we still
She left, came back and left again. Do we still have a chance after this?
Hi everyone, I am 37 and she is 25. We met at work one year ago. We work in different departments so I see her rarely if me or her don't aim to
How do you feel when you ex sleep with someone else
I came to this forum to try and find someone in a similar situation as me, and see what people thing about this situation, and there are many similar
Slept with my ex and now i'm not sure whats next...
Me and my ex gf split up 3 months ago, she decided to leave me and stated she wasn't in love with me anymore. Before we split I was in a difficult
4 years down the drain
Me and my girlfriend was together 4 years we argued we fought but always stayed together it was never as bad but most nights we would sleep without

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice