Ask For Advice

Thread: Why is she keeping me on a string?

matador1972
    Bronze Member

Why is she keeping me on a string?

She wants to remain best friends with me, and do fun things with me (go out for dinner, go to concerts etc).

Yesterday i wrote her an email and after 3 or 4 weeks of acting like best friends and doing the things above as well as going to keep fit classes together, i told her that i couldnt be her friend anymore when i still wanted to be her husband.

During the times we were out, especially the last few, she was more flirty, at keep fit last week she was touching me quite often, at the concert on wednesday she asked to hold my hand on the way out which was for about 20 minutes while we got out of the crowd.

after the keep fit class when dropped her off, i said that i still loved her and she said she still loves me.

She knows i still love her and wanted her back, she still says she dosent know what she wants, but she is dating a guy, is she trying to keep her options open?

Our daughter was ill yesterday, not mega ill, just a bit off colour, she sent me a text saying "i know you dont want to see me anymore, but we need to talk about xxxxx". We chatted about her when i collected her and nothing more was said.

Later that evening she texted me asking how she was, now she has her mobile and could have asked her directly, i replied saying she was okay now, and she responded again saying that she felt really bad about making her goto school yesterday, i just ignored this.

im quite resolute that i now wont contact her unless its something about the kids, so it will be interesting to see how she responds, last night to me seemed an excuse to make contact, but i feel really low today because i have broken off contact with her, but obviously i need to do it to let her go, im not doing it to get her to come back. The signs are all there that she loves me still (actually at teh concert she said that she nearly caved last week when she was low herself).

Ac143
    Sounds like she is keeping her options open, just incase that other guy doesn't work out. You should start NC and only talk to her when you have to ie kids. I know its hard, but its better then hanging out, going to dinner, concerts etc as "friends" when you know you can't just be friends. Maybe one day down the road...

Chris Knows
    This is just how the "Dumper" always seems to act with the "Dumpee".

For some strange reason, they think by keeping us around and being friends for a month makes everything ok.

Just go NC until they realize what they lost.

DontGetStung

She isn't, you are are hanging onto a string..cut it.

matador1972
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontGetStung [Register to see the link]

She isn't, you are are hanging onto a string..cut it.
    I never really looked at it like that before!

Top Threads
Did I cheat?
Im not sure what the rules are here. I broke up with my bf... We had been having some problems and I broke it off one evening. IN the moment I
Started Hot, Ended Hot (30 year old male, 31 year old female)
Firstly, to whoever actually reads this. Thank you. I really need some clarity on this. So, here goes. About 2 months ago I (30 year old
How to get over the fact he's slept with someone else?
yo okay so theres too much context but i'll try to summarize. my boyfriend of two years broke up with me and immediately (two days) started dating
Please some advices . How to Get My Wife Back
Hello , My wife gone to her mom and after 3 weeks she told me that she wonít come back and she wants to divorce. We didnít talk on phone after
Failed Reconciliation Attempt, How Can I Leave This In The Best Way?
Hi ENA, Iíve had a saga that Iíd like some help on. I had an ex about 9 months ago break up with me after nearly two years together. We had a
September is a Ways Away
Hi there ENAers, I've found myself in a most unusual break up scenario and could certainly use some advice. I'll attempt to get right to the
People change?
Can someone change after they've hurt you? My relationship was very up and down.. But when it was down each time it chipped away a piece of me till

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice