Birth Control Patch keeps falling off

Aurian

So, I am on the birth control patch, have been for some time, but lately they`ve been falling off before the week is over.

Maybe its my baths or something, but I`ve tried so many other forms of birth control, I really don`t know what to do next.

Any suggestions? I`ve tried placing the patch on places where it wouldn`t come into contact with the bathwater when I am in the tub, but the steam still seems to loosen it.

](*,)

i have had a lot of trouble with birth control over the years.

i am now trying my fourth brand of the combined pill and it's the first thing to work successfully without troubles.

i suggest you talk to your doctor about other forms of contraception.

if you have tried the pill before but it didn't work so well for you (and you are able to take it), i would suggest trying a new brand.

i don't think i would ever try a contraceptive patch. if it's coming off, it isn't very reliable.

Problem is, I`ve pretty much crossed off everything except sterilization..... *sigh*

Pills - can`t remember em. Had other problems with the 4-5 makeups I tried.

Shot - makes me moody and gain weight

IUD - body rejected it - bled for 3 months straight before it was removed

Various barrier methods - don`t really trust them for reliability, and they are kind of mood killers.

If the damn patches would just stay on.... I`ve used them for a year and they worked great. I don`t know if they changed the glue or something but all the sudden they won`t stay PUT!!!

Basically the patch is a birthcontrol pill that is delivered through the skin steadily over a week instead of a daily pill. My body seems to prefer the steady dose, because I would bleed if I had even an hour difference between taking one pill and the next. (So if I take it at 8:00 am, and then got up late and took it at 9:00 am, I would bleed). Not fun.

Its waterproof, but something seems to be wrong lately. Am I just more slippery or something?

Basically the patch is a birthcontrol pill that is delivered through the skin steadily over a week instead of a daily pill. My body seems to prefer the steady dose, because I would bleed if I had even an hour difference between taking one pill and the next. (So if I take it at 8:00 am, and then got up late and took it at 9:00 am, I would bleed). Not fun.

Its waterproof, but something seems to be wrong lately. Am I just more slippery or something?

Did it switch from brand name to generic by chance?

Duct tape?

Can you take showers instead of baths? I know that being immersed in water tends to loosen band-aids, but if it just gets splashed on with water (like in the shower) then it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I know how you feel about birth control methods. I gave up trying everything else and ended up back on the pill, which I hate! It makes me so depressed. I just wish there was some other way.

Lol, maybe so....

Well, I`ll give showers a go (damn it, I wuv my baths). Wonder if that Nuva-Ring thing might work though? That is something constant and steady over a month as opposed to a daily up-and-down birth control pill. Would the bf be able to feel it? (the IUD's wire was actually scratching him).

Archived