hard time finding any job

ok i am havin a really hard time for like 1 yr and more finding a job, now lucky i go to school to avoid boredom . this is any job-busser, cashier at safeway, iga...restuarnat work u name it . i had an interview but i think i lack experience in cashier, sales.....etc that they don;t wanna hire me. also i have no to liitle experience in the work environment. i really have to findd a job now. any help please.

has anyone lied on their resume and what happened did u get the job , did u keep the job. i am 24 btw

Sure you can lie on your resume but they will eventually find out. I've had three previous jobs and I've always gotten the job through connections with other people. For example, for my last job, I got it through my college's career advisors. It was a Computer Science related job that was for perfect for people around my age. Try to find out from friends and family where the good jobs are and get them to help you get hired.

Hey, you said you're in school, right? I'm just a freshman, and I'm a civil engineering major. I wrote up a cover letter and a resume focused on skills that would be good in the field. I dressed nice, and took resumes and this cover letter to all the engineering companies in my town. From there, I called all of the places that seemed interested, and after a couple weeks, my persistance paid off. As long as you seem interested and personable, I think you should be fine.

Do NOT lie on your resume. If you can't get a job with the truth, then you're just not right for the job. I don't think that means you're unqualified and that you can't do it... But in my opinion, it just means it's not the right job for you.

What work experience DO you have? I have had a hard time finding good jobs too. I've been out of high school for two years and the only jobs I've had have been part time and/or seasonal. And all of them were through connections- people I knew from church or school or whatever. I only just got a great job ALL BY MYSELF this week! It can take some time and it's hard work, but it's doable! You just need to present yourself the right way!

I'm not an expert by any means, but if you want, send me a PM and we can talk about it! I can give you some interview pointers and maybe help with your resume. My dad counsels people on this stuff so he's taught me all of it. If not, that's cool! But I'm here if you need me!

thank u anyways i learned from a program all about interviewing and resumes building before.

yea most jobs are through friends, and connections, yea did i say i was a loner. lot of aquintances and few to no friends, and aquintances neveer gave me a job .