How to ask her out

ClarkK

I belong to a local dance club. There is a girl in the club that I have a crush on. I want to ask her out and get to know her outside the club, but I don't know how. The club meets every week, so I have lots of opportunities to talk to her. My fear (what's holding me back) is that if I ask her out and she says no, it will get awkward and she will stop showing up. This already happened to another girl in the club, she hasn't shown up since I asked her to hang out outside of class.

One more detail is that this club only meets for about 2-3 more weeks, so I have a deadline before it's over and I never see her again. To clarify, the club is through a school and she is graduating, so after the last club meeting, that's it.

What I would like it some sample lines I could use. Or at least some ideas. I have some ideas already, but I feel they wouldn't work. (I.e. "I feel I could use some extra practice with this dance move, let's say we meet outside of class for some extra practice?" Or "I really enjoy taking with you during the meeting, how about we hang out this weekend?"

They would come accross as neither smooth nor relaxed, and too intense/high pressure. When I ask her, I want her to see it for what it is, just hanging out outside of the club. No pressure, just two people hanging out having fun.

I think that the extra practice line is not a good idea. It seems staged. If you don't feel comfortable asking her something directly, how about in a slightly teasing kind of way? Or throw a little compliment towards her and see how she reacts. I don't think there is a woman in the world who doesn't like to be complimented.

This is my opinion, you are better off finding out now than later. At most within the last 2 weeks you should ask her to hang out for lunch. If she is graduating, what is the chance of you seeing her again? If it is slim to none then leap out there and take the chance at least you cannot kick yourself for letting an opportunity go without finding out out if something could have been. But if you think you will still see her from time to time just talk to her so that you can get a feel for her.

First, find out what she's going to do and where she's going to be after graduation. If she's going away, it's useless to ask her out now. If you find out she's gonna be around, I'd think something like the second line you made would be nice. I don't like the first one, it's not honest. Use the second one, it's honest and nice. I don't think it's too intense. Just try to say it lightly, not intensely.

Archived